Looking for a fantasy writing partner! :)

Hello! It’s important that you read all of this if you are wanting to write with me. I’m sorry, I know it’s a lot, but I believe it’s necessary.
So I’ve been going back and forth with quite a few ideas revolving around the fantasy genre. I have the world, places, and people set for the most part, as well as a few plot lines for them. However, I am struggling on how I would like to direct and introduce certain scenes, information, and characters.

I was originally not going to write my idea down here, but I think it will help to attract the right type of people if I do. Please be aware that I suck at summaries because my brain is a place of scattered ideas lol. This idea is also a little elaborate and there’s A LOT of information, so bear with me!

The world I’ve created revolves around eight territories, four belonging to elves and the other four belonging to humans. Each Elven territory has a Court, while each human territory has a Throne. Though there are only four human territories, there are five Thrones. The fifth throne, the Storm throne, is an ultimate throne that has the most power. It brought all eight territories together, and more specifically, brought humans and elves together. As of now, it’s controlled by the human territory of Ciratal.

Moving on. This specific story is going to be centered and mostly staged in a city known as Seahaven. It sits between dangerous sea waters on one side and mountains on the other, and is protected by a wall towering over a hundred feet in the air (making it extremely difficult for anyone to attack). It’s the greatest way of trade and is home to the most talented mercenaries and armies. Whoever controls Seahaven, controls these armies and an important trade way (if not the most important). Currently, the territory of Erosten (human territory) controls Seahaven, however it is heavily disputed. Many believe Erosten’s claim on Seahaven is unjust (false) and Erosten knows that soon enough, the other territories may try to overtake it. Two in particular, who have an eye on controlling the Storm throne: Aerilon (human territory) and Silverkeep (Elven territory). If either were to gain control over Seahaven, they could then overtake the city of A’enathaes, which is home to the Storm throne. It would throw all eight territories into a bloody war. In order to avoid this, they have come to a solution known as the Koinonia –– a joint council with a member from each territory (from the newer generations, aka the heirs/heiresses). Erosten agreed to this joint council so long as ALL territories agreed to a truce and to give this council, the Koinonia, a chance for a year. If it fails, then inevitably war will break out.

My thought was that I would focus on the heiress of Erosten, who will also be a member of the Koinonia. It will revolve around her navigating court and the backstabbing of the other royals. However, I am struggling with where I should open. I know I want to start with the royals arriving, and also Seahaven opening its borders to the other territories (there will be an extravagant party that will last for a week or so). That in itself will cause conflict because of the elf and human interaction, as well as the fact that people will be pissed at each other depending on what side of the conflict they reside on.
I know there is a lot of information I left out here, but I have it all written down and will share it with the person I end up writing with. I also have quite a few plots and characters already in my mind, I just need so much help on how I should introduce them, as well as all this information.

If you are interested:
My email is: iloveprometheus1@gmail.com
(Don’t judge, ok. I made that years ago because I used to ride a lesson horse named Prometheus lol)
Or you can just message me through here, which honestly might be more convenient. Either way is fine!

My only requirements are the following:

1. Honesty. Do NOT be scared to share your exact thoughts and/or feelings on any of the ideas I present.
  2. Creativity. If we write together, the story is yours to add onto as well. But you do need to be creative and helpful; I’ve had problems in the past that, when writing with other people, I was the only one actually contributing ideas. That’s problematic and not fun.
  3. Have fun! I don’t want to stress :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, that’s it! Thanks for taking the time to read this :smile:
Again, my email is: iloveprometheus1@gmail.com

5 Likes

Well, if you haven’t gotten someone you could fill the form on this thread
Starry Writing Group

Thanks, I’ll take a look!

Hey so I’m actually pretty intrigued by your idea! I would totally read this!

1 Like

Hey, thank you! I’ll let you know if I ever manage to transfer my ideas to an actual episode! :stuck_out_tongue: lol

I’d love to do this. I forgot my email password for my computer but for my phone its private message me on insta (jessrosewrites_) if you would think about writing with me. Thx for the opportunity :smiley:

Hello! You may have seen my post previously about a fantasy storyline that I am writing (or want to write). I got a few responses, but in the end they led to nothing (except for one potential partner). I want to have at least two people who can offer their ideas and critique to my story, so here I am again. In the future, I would also like to have someone who can help with coding choices and branching, so if you are someone who’d be interested, let me know! (I can write my own scenes of Episode, it’s just the choices that I’d like help with). Before I delve into it [again], please DO NOT contact me if you won’t be honest. I don’t want someone who will have me explain in large detail my story and then never respond; if you don’t like the idea and don’t want to partake in the story, SAY SO. You won’t hurt my feelings, I promise! :slight_smile: What will suck though, is if you leave me hanging rather than responding and letting me know you’ve no interest to write. I’ve had this happen already and it’s quite annoying, as I am very serious about making this story happen.

This story is going to revolve in a fantasy world of eight territories (four elven and four human). It will focus on Seahaven, a city belonging to humans, that will open its borders for the first time to all peoples and races (ALL territories). The MC of the plot is an heiress to the throne of Erosten, and it will focus on her navigating court and the betrayals that come when the royals from the other seven territories arrive to “celebrate” the opening of the borders. It is a very detailed world with many detailed characters that I’ve created; I have many ideas and plots, but I would like to have someone to discuss them with. (Yes, it involves romance, too :stuck_out_tongue: but not the cliche kind).

My requirements:

A) Only contact me if you are devoted to writing. If you start asking questions about my story, but find that it’s not something you’d like to participate in, TELL ME. I know I said this above, but this is crucial! I only want people who are genuinely interested in the story, the world, and the characters. Without genuine interest, there’s no real motivation. I don’t want to waste each other’s time! You won’t hurt my feelings, but you will annoy me if you just leave me hanging (never responding, leaving me left wondering if you’re still interested).

B) Have at least a little bit of experience on writing scenes on Episode. I’ve already written on Episode a lot (though never published, as I’m very indecisive and end up rewriting); I can code and write my own episodes. I would like for you to be able to as well, or at least be willing to learn if you are serious about being my partner! :slight_smile:

C) Have a genuine love for fantasy! I adore the genre and wouldn’t want to write with someone who’s only half-interested.

Now that that’s out of the way, I have two ways you can contact me:
A) through here, which is preferred until we’re sure we want to write together.
B) Or through my email: reignofthestorm0@gmail.com

I don’t like to message through IG, as the messages you can send are quite small for the amount that I like to type lol. I also find it to be an inconvenient way to discuss in-depth stories.

Well, if you’ve read all of this, thank you! It’s very appreciated. If you happen to have your own fantasy storyline, feel free to message me about it too! Maybe we can both help each other on both story ideas. :slight_smile: Thanks again! (And sorry to those who have already read about this lol. I don’t mean to spam, just still looking for a good partner!)