Looking for advice, help, and art!

Hey everyone, I need your help. I’ve had Episode for a really long time and I decided to start learning how to write my own story. I’m having trouble coming up with a storyline and would like to know how all of you come up with ideas.

I also would like to know if anybody helps out with creating covers and splashes for beginners like me.

Once I get my storyline down I know I’ll have a bunch of questions that pertain to directing so if anybody would be able to help me learn the ropes id really appreciate it.

Thank you so much! Im looking forward to making new friends through the forum.

2 Likes

Ooooh exciting :open_mouth:
I’d love to help with anything and everything.
Starting with a storyline?
What’s your favourite genre / favourite books or movies?

1 Like

Thanks! As for music I really like folk, indie, pop, and country. When it comes to books and movies, I love romcoms, dramas, and mysteries. When I picture my story I think of something that has those three genres. I’m just struggling to come up with something that’s not too generic

1 Like

Bring in another random interest to make sure it doesn’t end up generic.
Love music festivals? The headlining band went missing right before their first show.
Like camping? Why does everyone who goes to X camping grounds come back traumatised?
Bookworm? You found a hidden passageway in the library of your family’s newly-inherited mansion.

1 Like

Quick question, are you writing on PC or mobile?

Im on PC

1 Like

Coolcoolcool cuz I don’t know the first thing about directing on mobile

lol its really weird but in ways Id say its easier

This was me at one point! Looking back I never really realized how much time and planning goes into it all, but it’s still fun to write your own story if you’ve got enough motivation.

I usually have a hard time coming up with a story or plot on the spot, but every once in a while I’ll be doing something completely random like sitting in class, and I just think of a story and get really excited to write about it.
It might also help to use some inspiration from movies or tv shows, but never actually copy directly off of it.

1 Like

I think its most important to come up with a plot, create your characters, then a title, and then your cover.

1 Like

I totally get where you’re coming from. I just struggle to get my creative thoughts flowing sometimes. As for your advice on looking towards shows or books for inspiration I was actually thinking the same thing just before you wrote it :joy:

1 Like

I will definitely have to have all of that down before a cover but how did you get yours? Did you make your own or did somebody make it for you?

1 Like

Starting to think of characters I like from shows and movies helps, and then I’ll start to think, Where do they live? Do they have a big family? Are they a boy or girl? Do they have any setbacks? Is there a love interest?
I think character development is what helps me the most because then I start to wonder what’s gonna happen to them.
I also just remembered I made a document for this group I had a while back about creating your story. It’s kinda long, but if you just skim it, it might help.

1 Like

I made mine, I used to make covers and splashes over the summer, but I don’t really make them anymore.
I’m sure there’s an art group that would love to help you out though, or if you just made a topic with information about your story and what your characters look like, I’m sure someone would love to help you out.

1 Like

Thank you so much Emma I really appreciate everything you have shared with me. I will definitely read through it. You’ve really helped me to feel like I can do this. I think I’ve got a process down and I’m feeling more confident about all of it. If you don’t mind me asking, what stories have you written? I’d really like to read them. Thanks again, Id love to chat another time! Have a beautiful day.

1 Like

I’m glad I could help If you have more questions feel free to ask. I just released my first story. It’s called Brentwood Academy, but it’s in classic and I get that that’s not everyone’s thing :grimacing: so no pressure if you don’t want to read it, but my episode username on the app is episode.emma

1 Like

Congratulations! No problem about it being in classic. I’ll add it to favorites rn. You’ll definitely see me in the fan mail :two_hearts: :raised_hands:

1 Like

hahaha okay!

1 Like