Looking for feedback on excluding CC for MC’s

Hi!

I’m currently co-writing and proofreading a superhuman related story, kind of a suicide squad spin off!

It consists of 6 MC’s who are all superhuman criminals of different backstories, races, sexes and ethnicities.
A child assassin, a duo of female scientists, a former agent, a college kid and a fixer for the Japanese crime ring. ( The mafia isn’t prominent or glamorized here. )

I was thinking of excluding CC for the 6, but adding a side character that would act as an advisor to the team, which the reader could CC.
The side character will most likely be a supernatural instead of a superhuman, since i feel as if it would make much more sense for the storyline i have going with certain characters.

She would be an important member of the team, but definitely not the center of attention.
Is this a good way of implementing CC into the story? The MC’s have features which are important to the story, and I’m using a shit ton of custom character overlays.
It would be kinda pointless to include CC for them, since it would be quite confusing IMO.

Let me know what you think about this!

5 Likes

It sounds cool; good luck with the story! That seems like a good solution. So long as the story is fun, it will pull in your readers despite the lack of character customization.

3 Likes

Sadly a lot of readers want cc. ,and won’t read unless they have it. But like said, as long as the storyline is interesting, well written, hopefully people should look past the fact it has no cc.

2 Likes

Hi, Good Night @xuriya

Your idea sound interesting for your story idea. @xuriya

I love that your story has different backstories and details about your character’s life. That makes your 6 Mc superhuman criminals face their life. @xuriya

Your story is interesting. Where a child assassin, a duo of female scientists, a former agent, a college kid, and a fixer for the Japanese crime ring. @xuriya

I love that your story has a plot twist, Where Mc gives your reader the feeling to turn more pages. @xuriya

I love that your story has surprises that will help the story grow more readers. @xuriya

I love that your story has a side character that would act as an advisor to the team. @xuriya

Your Story doesn’t need all 6 CC. Some readers and authors complain about a story having so much CC. That stops them from reading the Story and wasting their time. For example, Family, friend etc. @xuriya

Some readers don’t look for CC in the Story, but readers don’t want all CC. I saw someone complain about CC on the forum, and I do understand their point. @xuriya

You could add only limited. Not all of the customize. It is what makes you happy for your Story. Don’t add something to your Story you don’t want to be there. @xuriya
Some readers complain the story has so much Customize for the CC of all characters.

Readers tend to get annoyed with Customize. Readers wanted to read the story but not waste their time on customized cc in the story. @xuriya

It is best to stay on the safe side. Make sure that you don’t have any errors in your story, that your Story outline, plot, and details go well, and that everything works perfectly. @xuriya

I love that your story has a side character that will most likely be supernatural instead of superhuman.

This story idea will fit perfectly with your storytelling. Just make sure you have different superpowers based on each character. So, readers, could have a Reason, Why Mc have chosen to become a hero.

Make sure there is a Motivation and reason for Mc to choose to be in that situation facing a criminal. What was the reason 6 Mc was forced into a situation in the story. Also, make sure you have Mc’s powers, weaknesses, Skill facts, and weapons in the stories" as Mc will have to face challenges and adventure. @xuriya

Here is a superpower list name. @xuriya

Link

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=4783be572d82a853JmltdHM9MTY4NTc1MDQwMCZpZ3VpZD0zNDMyZDA5OS1iNjlmLTY3ZjEtMjQwMC1jMjA2YjcwZjY2ZjAmaW5zaWQ9NTE3OQ&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3432d099-b69f-67f1-2400-c206b70f66f0&psq=superpower+list+name&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc3VwZXJoZXJvZGIuY29tL3Bvd2Vycy8&ntb=1

In case you are looking for a superpower list name for your character in your Story or need a superpower for your Story. Here is a list of superheroes for the supernatural to use in your Story. @xuriya

Link

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=0754141e3fdb714bJmltdHM9MTY4MDA0ODAwMCZpZ3VpZD0zNDMyZDA5OS1iNjlmLTY3ZjEtMjQwMC1jMjA2YjcwZjY2ZjAmaW5zaWQ9NTMwMA&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3432d099-b69f-67f1-2400-c206b70f66f0&psq=adventure+novel+planning+sheet&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubm92ZWwtc29mdHdhcmUuY29tL25vdmVsLW91dGxpbmUtdGVtcGxhdGUv&ntb=1

Link

Here is a form where you can find a superhero journey outline and Idea to fit all your idea together. Also, this link will help you with more ideas and helps you with your story along the way. @xuriya

I love your story idea. Also, the character would be able to fit importance members of the team. Since, she cannot be in a certain of attention. @xuriya

As an author, decide your story. But CC could work for her. She is not part of your certain attention in the story. @xuriya

You could have added her background about her. You could have added her flashback or something to Show readers. Since She is Important to the Team but not Certain attention. There could have been something character have done to show about her in the Story that makes her Important and the mission. she will take on the journey, but not Certain attention. @xuriya

Think about" if you wanted CC in your story. Just Don’t add CC. It would make your story look different on how you imagine. @xuriya

It’s best not to include CC, which will change the importance of your character features, as there is so much Custom overlay. @xuriya

Yes, it would be Confusing in your story to use CC. It is best to keep the importance of your character without CC. Since you will not feel happy about the decision on readers’ choice Changing your character. On how you feature your character imagines into your story. @xuriya

It’s best to make readers understand. Why does Story have no CC for the character? Some readers will Understand your point of view. @xuriya

It is best to keep your CC out of the way. If you don’t feel like Coding too Much, Customize choices that will mess up your Story. @xuriya

It is best to leave a FAQ for readers. Because FAQ makes readers check a question on what they are looking for in a Story and what readers look for their question in FAQ was answered from their question? @xuriya

I do agree with @Stormsky

A lot of readers want CC and won’t read a story without CC. But Once you have a storyline that is Interesting and well-written. Some readers will look past CC. Other readers will be alright without CC. Other readers will read your story without CC. Not all readers wanted CC. So, don’t pressure yourself. I see Stories on episodes that have no CC, and they have millions of readers. @xuriya

Readers look at a story, such as a plot twist, motivation, how the story End, climax, resolution, Introduction, Rising Action, and Falling action. @xuriya

It’s best to focus on your Story Idea. @xuriya

I agree with @Faintest @Stormsky

I do agree with @Faintest

Long as your Story is fun. Long as you are happy with your story planning. Not even When the readers think about your Story. Because you wrote your own Story and with your time hours. They should understand your point of view. You are the Author of the Story. The best decision is to let your readers know your decision on your Story. The Story will pull in your readers despite the lack of character customization. @xuriya

2 Likes

Thank you!
I’ve already figured out their powers, weaknesses, motivations etc etc.
They aren’t too overpowered, every character has an internal battle going on!

2 Likes

you’re welcome @xuriya

That is good to hear. @xuriya

That is true. @xuriya

1 Like

Hi! I personally don’t see the point of adding CC to a side character that isn’t the MC.

I get that you want to meet the needs of the readers who will choose a story solely based on CC, but I don’t think that’ll be enough to satisfy them.

A fun thing you could try is to add a side character that is the reader himself, that can be customised or based on their avatar. This could mitigate the positions of some readers who want CC.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.