Looking for help to get me started (new)

I just started out and was setting up my characters. I went through a little bit of dialog and ran into a problem. The little bit that I did get done and believe me it’s a little bit when I went to preview the characters would not even come to the center of the screen so I could see them. It’s like they were stuck. I moved over to mobile writing but I have questions about that too. I guess I need some direction.

Thanks

Kim

You can watch Joseph Evans tutorials on youtube. He has couple, very simple and easy.

you can check out mines if you want, for basics, ill be adding more to it.

Thanks, Lana for your suggestion. I’ve watched some of Joseph’s Youtube videos… While they are very helpful I still did not find the answers to some of my questions…

1 Like

are u still having preview problem?

Hi there sorry I’ve been a little busy. I’m finding out a lot more about how to use the forum. I noticed by watching one of the videos that when I first started creating I guess you pick spotlight or something like that I must have selected the one where you only see half the body so I need to figure out how to go in and change that. I looked at my mobile episode on the website and saved. Now I cant’ edit on my phone. I would like to just delete and start over but that does not seem to easy to do. I guess what I really need to do is get my settings right and figure out how to upload so I can send to someone so they can read it.

Kim

The preview problem… I figured out…
I do have several questions about other stuff…

what are yr questions

Some of my questions are:
Do you prefer the mobile or web for making your stories?
For mobile how do you continue on to the next episode?
How do you delete unwanted yest you’ve saved in writing stories?
Once I have my story how do you upload?
Do I need a episode buddy to help me move in the right direction so I could get other readers to read my stories?
In writing now and discovering how things work, I feel like I’m all over the place with no real sense of direction…

What do you suggest?
Kim

Do you prefer the mobile or web for making your stories?

Web, because it is easier, but for mobile it is tricky.

For mobile how do you continue on to the next episode?

Hm, once you finish your first chatper, go a new button, i cant remmeber which, but like how you started your first chapter, do the same for the second chapter.

If you need more help writing stories in mobile, watch Joseph Evans tutorials on youtube.

How do you delete unwanted yest you’ve saved in writing stories?

You can’t delete it.

Once I have my story how do you upload?

Once you are finish with your three chapters IF you are USING WEB/COMPUTER (Laptop), go to back to the writer portal, then look to your right side you will see a button that says “Publish”.

Do I need a episode buddy to help me move in the right direction so I could get other readers to read my stories?

Now, if you feel comfortable asking for a writing partner, then feel free to do so, its always good to ask anyone to help you with your story if you are having problems with coding, getting covers, etc, if you are a beginner.

In writing now and discovering how things work, I feel like I’m all over the place with no real sense of direction…
What do you suggest?

Watch Joseph evans tutorials on you tube to get use to the writers portal, coding, using overlays, zooms, etc. You can ask anyone on forums if you need help with anything. Ill be making more basic tutorials very soon.

Thank you …

Still think I need help.

Would really like to have a buddy to help me along.

Kim