Looking for multiple(or at least 1) review(s) of our story!

Hello! I thought to make this thread because I would like multiple people(or at least 1) to review my co-writer @eliseclairmont and I’s story!

Here is the information about it!
Title: QUEER: The One
Author: @eliseclairmont and myself(Elle on the Episode app)
Review type(I.E detailed, sugar coated, short, etc): A detailed and honest as possible review please.
Episodes you want reviewed: All 3 please!
Genre: Mystery(it also has fantasy in it).
Description: Follow Detective Hudson who has spent their life trying to put their family’s tragic history behind them until a new serial killer threatens to uncover the past. M/F MC, 4 LI, CM
PM or public review?: Public or PM, either works.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4558247446773760

Here is out cover too in case you want it/need it.

Thank you all if you decide to review it! :heart:

3 Likes

Bump!

I’ve never reviewed any episode story but I think I could try? I’m really honest though :joy: Just tell me if you’re okay with it and I’ll do it in an hour or two :heart:

1 Like

Sure! Honest and detailed please!

1 Like

No problem, going to read it now!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Here I am back with my review, hope you like it and I wish you two good luck with the next episodes! There wasn’t a lot of flaws, but there’s a big one sadly. It’s definitely fixable though. You’re both really good! :heart:

Review

DIRECTING
The coding is just amazing?? I can see you worked a lot on it, and honestly it was def worth it, however I would have liked more zooms, seeing the background once is good, but I’d like to see mainly characters, The scene where we were in Christina’s POV was pretty weird ngl but it was good, I’ve never seen that before, During the first episode, the zoom between the two zones in the crime scene scene was really slow, it made it pretty annoying to read. I’d recommend zooming like 300% on each character and making the change immediate, like a cut you know? Moving slowly the camera should be used carefully as it slows down the reader. In episode 2, there was issues of characters suddenly changing outfits in the start of the scene, remember to make them change offscreen. The intro for episode 3 was really good as well.

PLOT
Confusing is the word. Confusing isn’t bad, it just should be used well. The parents arguing was bad confusing, The parents death? Really good confusing. Being confused should be a good thing, but before the crime scene in episode 1, I really didn’t know what was going on. At the start, I didn’t understand who the h*ll was Kayla, Intriguing the reader is good, and I think a story needs questions, but not a million of them. The way you introduced the characters was good. Rather than all at once, it felt way more natural this way. I’d have liked if you had done more with Kayla missing. It felt like an excuse to see her. I’d probably change Kala’s name if I were you, usually I recommend not having two characters’s names start with the same letter. I really, really think the angels were unnecessary, or should have been introduced earlier. Again, it was confusing.

WILL I CONTINUE READING IT?
Yes, most probably, it’s got flaws, but the direction is worth it and I think the story will get better as we get to know the characters. The main flaw is how certain things don’t make sense as of yet. I’d give hints, maybe? Readers of mystery tend to love to guess the big bad, so make sure we get to know the murderer before actually knowing it’s the murderer.

1 Like

Thank you!!

Ah! We’ll keep it in mind for our revamp.

Thank you!

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Which part was slow for the zoom? (Which part for the Episode I mean.)

Alright!

Ah okay, do you know certain scenes where this happened? I am glad you liked the intro!

Alright, in our revamp we will try to make it less confusing.

Hmmm…well, we’ll check that.

Okay, we’ll see. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Oh no :sweat_smile:

Honestly, we won’t change it just because it’s important to the plot but I get what you mean.

They are necessary to the plot so we will see what we can change it make them feel less unnecessary.

Thank you! :heart::heart:

We will. That/Those character(s) will be introduced soon. Don’t worry.

Overall @epysadie thank you for the feedback, once we published 4 or 4 and 5, we will revamp the first 3 Episodes and we will keep this in mind.

Bump!

Bump!

Bump!

Bump!

I’d love to review your story. A warning in advance my reviews tend to end up being pages long because I tend to go into detail of every scene’s grammar, plot holes, directing and what I think could improve the story. But I send all my reviews privately. Is it okay if I give it a go?

1 Like

Yes! We’d love that! Make sure to PM both of us(aka put us in the same PM).

Okay. I won’t sugarcoat it but I definitely won’t insult you either.

1 Like

Good, we don’t want sugarcoating! Thank you!

Bump!

Bump!

Just a side note, names are actually VERY crucial to the plot. And even if two characters have a name starting with the same letter, it wouldn’t be a huge bother at all.
You can make up a reason behind and that usually gives more detail to tbe story.
@Danielle318 I can review your story if you are still looking for it!

1 Like

Hey thank you! We’d love that! You can chopse to do it now or after we update and revamp 1-3. I’d say wait, since we will fix 1-3 and add Episode 4.

1 Like