Looking for some advice on how to get noticed on episode please ❤

Hey, so I’ve got two stories on episode at the moment. I was wondering how many reads you guys hit before you got noticed or ended up on any shelf.

I’m just curious if anyone has any tips on being noticed :heart:
Thank you :heart::heart::heart:

There’s are the covers of my two stories:

3 Likes

Hi! In my experience it isn’t really about reads when it comes to the shelves. My story got chosen as an Editor’s Pick when it only had 700 reads, whereas my other story has 15,000 reads and has never been picked for anything. That’s because my Editor’s Pick story is so, so much better written and directed than my 15K story. I would recommend looking at the shelf rubric and scoring your story against it to see how you fare in each of the categories.

2 Likes

Thank you :heart:

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this isn’t about story ideas or reviews. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Is pretty hard for your story to get noticed now…the system thing was better in 2016

3 Likes

As far as I know it depends on how many people are Continuing your story rather than reading first few chapters and leaving it. And if you retain readers its very easy to get on the shelf and stay there as well. Also the Diamond choices help with the Ranking, I usually just keep a support the author at the end so no one is pressured to do it only if they like my story, and my story has been in the first 50 in my genre for a while now.
And Of course, Instagram, regularly updating, no grammatical errors no directing issues, good promos help. And your first story cover is already amazing so you shouldn’t have much issue.
Hope This Helps :blush: :blush: .

2 Likes

Thank you so much :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:
Yeah I’ve just added the gem thing at the end as a choice if they want to support the author as I don’t want my readers to feel like they have to and I didn’t want it to affect their reading experince :heart:

1 Like

All the best with your story :heart: :heart: .

1 Like

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.