Looking for some help to code minigames? Advise?

Hey all,

I am looking for some help with my story and I would like to code three minigames. Does anyone have any advise or tutorials? I will credit you in the story :smiley:

Thank you,

Alannah.

what kind of mini games are you wanting to code? timed choices, quiz, etc?

1 Like

Hey, thank you for getting back in touch with me!

I am hoping to make three different minigames for social clubs that can earn you points with 3 different LIs.

So for the Sports Club: A Basketball Shooting into a hoop minigame that is timed.
Theatre Club: Singing or Dancing minigame with making timed choices or creating a mini story with miniture versions of ‘actors’.
Gaming Club: A DDR type game like Wii Just Dance or something like that with arrows and timed choices.

Sorry if its a little confusing.

Thank you,

Alannah.

No problem!

Mini games often require a lot of overlays as well, do you have all of the ones you need? The basketball, hoop, arrows, etc? If not, you can usually find these from people who have made them free to use on their google drives and only ask you credit them and/or follow them on Instagram! Examples: amepisode, Marysol.Episode, SHOUTOUT

An example code for the basketball game:

NARRATOR
Time for a mini-game! Shoot the basketball into the hoop in time!

CHARACTER (think_rubchin)
(What direction should I throw the ball?)
choice [timed:5:center:Left] - you can change the Left part to what you prefer, it’s just what the script will default to if the reader doesn’t make a choice before the timer is up. You can also change the timer to how long you’d prefer and the center part is just where the timer will show up. Preview on mobile to see if you like it!
“Left” {
CHARACTER (deep_breath)
(Here goes!)
(you would then code shifting your ball overlay to the hoop)
CHARACTER +1 (react_claphands_happy)
I did it!
} “Right” {
CHARACTER (talk_unsure)
Alright, let me try…
(you code the ball overlay to miss the hoop)
CHARACTER (talk_asif_annoyed) - Note: if you want them to lose a point for choosing the wrong option, just put -1 next to CHARACTER
Oh no! I thought I had it!
} “Center” {
CHARACTER (search_neutral)
(Okay, line up my shot…)
ball overlay shift code again, missing the hoop
CHARACTER (sigh_disappointed)
Oh, c’mon!
}
NARRATOR
Game over!

To tell the reader if they scored or lost points, you need to get your character number. To do that, you go to your characters section and you’ll find a number at the end of the link on the character you have selected. An example: https ://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/character/STORY_NAME/6437755812872191 ← this end number is what you need.
Now, you paste it, example:

NARRATOR
You have [6437755812872191] point(s).

Make sure you put the brackets otherwise it won’t work.

Hopefully this isn’t too confusing and helps get you started! Let me know if you’re confused about anything and I’ll do my best to help.

1 Like

Thank you so much! You are amazing! Just what I needed! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I will credit you in the story.

1 Like

Happy to help! Don’t worry about the credit either :smiling_face:

1 Like

I will credit 100% because you helped me out so much! Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You’re welcome :smiling_face:

1 Like