Looking for someone to bump ideas off of. (Credit will be given!)

Hey y’all!

So I’m trying to write my first story, but I’m a little bit lost, and I want someone that I can bounce ideas off of and get some feedback off of. So not quite a co-writer, but more than a proofreader.

Major credit will be given for your help.

I hope I’ll have some takers!

2 Likes

what genre do u want yr first story to be in?

1 Like

So it’s a bit of a combo genre. It has elements of romance, comedy, and kinda an adventure. I’ve started writing the first chapter, but I sort of lost direction, and I just need someone that I can ask like, does this work? Does this not? What do you think? And other things like that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you plan your story before u started writing?

1 Like

Kinda? :sweat_smile: I have a sort of plan, but I haven’t entirely fleshed it out yet.

That;s the one that stops u from continuing. What do u want to write about?

1 Like

So my story is about a mute high school girl who ends up starting a band with some of her brother’s friends. But just as things are looking up for the girl, everything starts to fall apart when one of the members of the band becomes jealous of their success.

2 Likes

Ahh, good one! So now on episode 1, where does it start off, at school or at home?

1 Like

So it starts as a glimpse into the future, where the MC (Lavender) is this big hot shot music person, and then there’s some dialogue, yadda yadda yadda, then we see her house, she gets up, gets ready, and we learn it is her first day of school. Because of her speech impediment, she has been homeschooled her whole life, but her psychiatrist finally thinks she can go to high school, so she’s super excited. She’s adopted, with one very overprotective older brother. (The adopted part isn’t too important, but it is a part of the story)

So she gets ready, has a little dialogue with her mom and dad, and then her and Brett (her brother) go off to school.

After that bit, I’m stuck. I don’t know if I should end the episode, cause it’s kinda short, But I don’t know what else to happen in the chapter. I want Lavender to get into some sort of conflict b/c of her muteness, so I can give the readers a bit of backstory as to why she is mute. Then I want her to meet Brett’s friends, two of which are the love interests, then the girl LI invites Lavender over to study, some romance happens, they start a band and so in and so forth.

Do you think I should just end the episode and cut it off and start a new chapter?

1 Like

When they are headed to school. have a scene with her brother meeting up with his friends, and they maybe talk to the MC, and the MC brother tells them that she’s mute.

(Also, does the MC do sign language if she’s mute?)

Or she can get a piece of paper and write what’s on the note, and show to them.

1 Like

Since I couldn’t figure out how she would talk, I decided to just have her use her cellphone, like type in what she wants to say, and then her phone says it out loud?

I was thinking of having Lavender meet her brother’s friends at lunch, but maybe they could meet before. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good.

1 Like

u could add a classroom scene n then the lunch part. Hm…

1 Like

What do you think should happen in the classroom scene? Like there has to be some sort of conflict or else the scene would be unnecessary.

1 Like

the brother friends can make fun of her, or that one person who’s jealous irritates her like throw paper at her with a rude message, uhhh hmmmm

1 Like

Huh. Maybe she can recieve an anonymous note or something in her backpack? Because I don’t want to reveal exactly who Is jealous of her yet, cause at this point in the story, the person isn’t jealous yet.

1 Like

that;s good.

1 Like

What should it say? Like “Cat got your tongue?” Or something else mean like that?

1 Like

hm, think of something else.

1 Like

What mean things can you say about a mute, 4’11 adopted girl?

1 Like