DARA’S TEMPLATE: Looping a 3-zone Background with Speeds

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

This came in handy, youre a lifesaver thank you, Dara :star_struck:

7 Likes

Oof Dara the queen!! Back at it again with these amazing tips. I can’t even right now you’re amazing.

4 Likes

HI! Thank you so much. This is super useful!

I’m trying to implement this to using an bush overlay to loop in front of a static train overlay, but I can’t figure out what wrong with my code. Is there one opacity 1 in 0 missing for the created overlay since it doesn’t seem to appear? Also is the created OVERLAY_2 (placement coding) different name than LOOP_OVERLAY_2 (speed coding) on purpose?

I’m also having hard time resizing my overlay to a correct size. I have tried with 1183 x 700 size overlay doesn’t seem to work for me. I didn’t try the code with the png you provided, so I can’t tell if I’m messing up the script myself :smiley:

Thank you for this post tho! I have been trying to wrack my brain around this for hours before reading this.

3 Likes

Queen of coding. THANK YOU!

2 Likes

This thread is for looping 3 zoned backgrounds only. If you want to loop an overlay of a bush, please read this thread: A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS

1 Like

Thank you! But the other thread doesn’t help to remove the fact that my overlay still “clithes” on the foreground. I thought that using this technique would prevent that from happening and make it smooth. But I’ll look into it. Thanks for the help in anycase :slight_smile:

EDIT: I managed to make it work with modifying this script. Thanks for making it. Will credit you in my story when it comes out :relaxed:

Bump :taco:

1 Like

Hi Dara, I just followed this script template. However, when I preview it, the blue background appears, and it doesn’t look like the example showed above. Is there a way I can fix it?

2 Likes

Okay, it seems to work for everyone but my problem is that my web previewer AND my phone don’t show the second overlay that’s been created… In the directing helper I can see it’s there but I can’t see it, like it’s invisible or something…
I first noticed that when I put the command “&overlay OVERLAY create”. The overlay is there and I can drag it around the screen and all but I cannot see it.

Thank you so much! :laughing:

How would I make it loop the other way (if my characters are walking from right to left)? :slight_smile:

it doesn’t work

Hi Dara, this is super useful thank you!
I’ve copied to code into my script with one of the backgrounds from this thread and the blue background is still appearing? was wondering if there’s a way to fix this.
Cheers.

In the placement coding, there was this bolded part that was just “OVERLAY” instead of “LOOP_OVERLAY”. So when you changed all “LOOP_OVERLAY” to your own overlay’s name, that part didn’t change. All you need to do is just change OVERLAY to your overlay’s name. I’ve already fixed the coding above.

1 Like

Hey what do you do with LOOP_OVERLAY_2

Follow these steps to change ALL “LOOP_OVERLAY” to your own overlay’s name. This also changes the LOOP_OVERLAY_2

but they say that @LOOP_OVERLAY_2 to layer -6" is an error

Imagine I changed that LOOP_OVERLAY

INT. SCHOOL CORRIDOR FRONT VIEW - DAY with EPISODE SCHOOL to 1.625 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -5
&overlay EPISODE SCHOOL_2 create from EPISODE SCHOOL and overlay EPISODE SCHOOL_2 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay EPISODE SCHOOL_2 scales to 1.625 1.625 in 0 and overlay EPISODE SCHOOL_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 and overlay EPISODE SCHOOL_2 to layer -6
EPISODE SCHOOL_2 to layer -6 was an error
&overlay EPISODE SCHOOL shifts to -640 0 in 3 THEN overlay EPISODE SCHOOL shifts to -960 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay EPISODE SCHOOL shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 THEN overlay EPISODE SCHOOL shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 3 THEN overlay EPISODE SCHOOL shifts to 0 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay EPISODE SCHOOL shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times
&overlay EPISODE SCHOOL_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 3 THEN overlay EPISODE SCHOOL_2 shifts to 0 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay EPISODE SCHOOL_2 shifts to 0 0 in 0 THEN overlay EPISODE SCHOOL_2 shifts to -640 0 in 3 THEN overlay EPISODE SCHOOL_2 shifts to -960 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay EPISODE SCHOOL_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 loop INFINITE times