Looping background coding help!

So, I need your help. So, I’m trying to make my car run smoothly on the road while it’s going fast. My road overlay has the speed, but it’s too high up. I tried changing the scales & everything. Here’s the script:

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY - NIGHT with CAR1 to 1.586 -149 21 at layer 5 with CAR2 to 0.762 -128 -6 at layer 7
@zoom reset
&overlay ROAD OVERLAY create from ROAD OVERLAY AND overlay ROAD OVERLAY opacity 1 in 0
&overlay ROAD OVERLAY scales to 3.006 3.006 in 0 AND overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 AND overlay ROAD OVERLAY moves to layer -6
&overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0.5 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in 0.25 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in 0 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to -640 0 in 0.5 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to -960 0 in 0.25 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 loop INFINITE times
@AVA spot 0.465 52 172 AND AVA faces right AND AVA is idle_sit_armcrossed_unimpressed_loop AND AVA moves to layer 6 AND ZION spot 0.410 37 247 AND ZION faces right AND ZION is idle_sit_legsup_neutral_loop AND ZION moves to layer 4

Here is Daras topic on this she has templates for different speeds - so just choice the suitable one for you.

I’ve already tried that & it confused me

It seem to me you in general do not have the coding right - there must 2 two identical overlays but with different name but you name the one you created from the other the same so it seem to me it will not work right anyway

Try this instead

EXT. BLUE - DAY with ROAD OVERLAY to 1.625 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -5
&overlay ROAD OVERLAY_2 create from ROAD OVERLAY and overlay ROAD OVERLAY_2 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay ROAD OVERLAY_2 scales to 1.625 1.625 in 0 and overlay ROAD OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 and overlay ROAD OVERLAY_2 to layer -6

&overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to -640 0 in 3 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to -960 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 3 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times
&overlay ROAD OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 3 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 0 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY_2 shifts to -640 0 in 3 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY_2 shifts to -960 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay ROAD OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 loop INFINITE times

also be sure your overlay is exactly 1183 (width) x 700 (length)

It runs slow & it doesn’t cover the whole screen

Oh I see the problem - you scale the overlay to 3.006 while Daras template scales it only to 1.625

so it means your overlay is way too small and not the size of 1183 (width) x 700 (length) as in Daras template

Because you do not use the right size of the overlay for the template I cant unfortunately help you.

So does that mean, I have to change the scale or just make a whole another overly with that size?

well it can work I think with the biger scale but honestly I am not 100% sure - try it out - if it will be looping fine just too slow we can just adjust the time.

If it will not work you have o upload new overlay in right size.

It won’t work. I’ll just have to redo the whole overlay

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.