Looping background help

OK so I read up on some other threads about this looping background EXT. FOREST LOOPING - DAY not actually being a looping background. Some people said to download it as an overlay and then use the infinite command? I’m so very lost… :sweat::sweat::sweat:
I “could” use a different looping background, maybe, but it wouldn’t flow with the story very well

1 Like
1 Like

I made an example script for this particular background here:

4 Likes

How do I upload the background as an overlay?
Also, for your code and overlay, it makes the forest look like it’s at night. How would you make it look like it’s during the day?

1 Like

On The art catalog, and instead of pressing backgrounds, press overlays, which then you can choose “Uploaded to your account” or "Available for all stories:
The same way. Just upload it. Unlike backgrounds, you don’t need to resize them. They’ll go through the same process of getting reviewed. Hope this helps! :blush:
And here’s a reference:

Have a good day and sorry if I ignored your question or couldn’t help! :persevere: Apes is great at explaining though, so I’d leave it to her as well.

1 Like

Thanks for that post… I haven’t even made it the background, overlays yet. I was wondering how everyone’s get all these cool pics… I dont draw at all…

1 Like

Yeah I understand that part, I just don’t know how to download the background to then upload it as an overlay, lol

1 Like

You need to change it from JPG to PNG, you can do it in online program :slight_smile: just remember it needs to be less than 1MB

2 Likes

But where do I go/what do I do to download it? I’ve been looking at the page and there’s no button that says “download” or anything…

1 Like
2 Likes

OK! I finally got it :joy:

Now, for your coding, of the loop, it makes the forest look like the night time forest. Would I just need to use a different background color? Like INT. GREEN - DAY? Does the question make sense?
Sorry, I’m super new to all of this

Never mind. I figured it out :blush:
But now my character won’t show up…

probably because it’s behind the overlay. Move them to layers

Where in the coding to I move the overlay layer? I tried moving the character layer and that didn’t work

1 Like

So, the coding should read:
INT. BLUE - DAY with FORESTLOOP to 2.206 0 0 at layer 0
&overlay FORESTLOOP shifts to -320 0 in zone 1 in 2.0 THEN overlay FORESTLOOP shifts to -640 0 in zone 1 in 2.0 THEN overlay FORESTLOOP shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 in 0 loop INFINITE times
@KIREK walks to spot 0.704 136 164 AND KIREK does it while run_athletic AND KIREK moves to layer 1

Correct?

INT. BLUE - DAY with FORESTLOOP to 2.206 0 0 at layer -1
&overlay FORESTLOOP shifts to -320 0 in zone 1 in 2.0 THEN overlay FORESTLOOP shifts to -640 0 in zone 1 in 2.0 THEN overlay FORESTLOOP shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 in 0 loop INFINITE times
@KIREK spot 0.704 136 164 in zone 1 AND KIREK does it while run_athletic AND KIREK moves to layer 1

Layer 0 is often glitchy and it’s not working

1 Like

You’re amazing and so patient :heart::heart::heart:
That also helped with her running glitch. Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.