Looping Background need help

My background loops, but it leaves a space open revealing the original background for three seconds then goes back to zone 1 to loop again. Why?

(Dara Amarie)

&overlay OUTDOORLOOP shifts to -640 0 in 5 THEN overlay OUTDOORLOOP shifts to -960 0 in 2.5 THEN overlay OUTDOORLOOP shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 THEN overlay OUTDOORLOOP shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 5 THEN overlay OUTDOORLOOP shifts to 0 0 in 2.5 THEN overlay OUTDOORLOOP shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times

1 Like

Make sure you use this size.

You’d need to duplicate the overlay OUTDOORLOOP.

Another thing!

You can test this on the app. If it continues to give you trouble, it’s most likely a glitch. Many people have been having problems when it came to their overlays in the past few days. Very frustrating, the best thing to do is send in a ticket.

Duplicating it make it fling in the opposite direction

Can you do it for me? It contains the outdoor episode background. Can you code it for me? It seems everyone else can do it but me.

Sure I can code it. Is it the night one or day one?

Day

EXT. BLUE - DAY with DAYSTREET to 1.625 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -5

&overlay DAYSTREET_2 create from DAYSTREET and overlay DAYSTREET_2 opacity 1 in 0

&overlay DAYSTREET_2 scales to 1.625 1.625 in 0 and overlay DAYSTREET_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 and overlay DAYSTREET_2 to layer -6

&overlay DAYSTREET shifts to -640 0 in 5 THEN overlay DAYSTREET shifts to -960 0 in 2.5 THEN overlay DAYSTREET shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 THEN overlay DAYSTREET shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 5 THEN overlay DAYSTREET shifts to 0 0 in 2.5 THEN overlay DAYSTREET shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times

&overlay DAYSTREET_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 5 THEN overlay DAYSTREET_2 shifts to 0 0 in 2.5 THEN overlay DAYSTREET_2 shifts to 0 0 in 0 THEN overlay DAYSTREET_2 shifts to -640 0 in 5 THEN overlay DAYSTREET_2 shifts to -960 0 in 2.5 THEN overlay DAYSTREET_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 loop INFINITE times

#scene

#BTW here is the background:

Name it: DAYSTREET

1 Like

How do you place background characters?

You can use spot direction to place characters:

It’s different with looping background, is there a way to have them appear in a zone and disappear? If you don’t know it’s fine, just asking while there’s time.

Having a character appear in a zone:

&CHAR spot % X Y in zone # at layer # AND CHAR faces DIRECTION

EX.

&JASMINE spot 1.280 50 0 in zone 2 at layer 9 AND JASMINE faces right

Removing a character:

@remove CHAR

ex.

@remove JASMINE

1 Like

BTW this thread may be of interest to you:

2 Likes