Looping backgrounds help

HIi guys, so I need help with a looping background. I tried to use Dara’s template for a smooth repetitive loop but that requires a 1183x700 dimension but everytime I try to upload the background as a png as that size, it says its too big and it’s so frustrating so I’m just going to code it manually without the ready template.

My background loops but doesn’t loop smoothly as the png just goes back to the beginning.
This is my code:

If anyone can help me code it so it loops smoothly infinite times, it would be much appreciated! Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Can you give me the overlay? I can resize it. And try to help you!

1 Like

Yes sure ! Thank you, it’s a background that I sized down but couldn’t upload as the MB was still too big

castle
here you go it is 1183*700 and 769 kb png so it should be able to upload it.
But the original didnt had 100% same ratio of sides so I can’t assure it 100% fits on the sides to make no gap and make the loop 100% smooth

let me know if it works

1 Like

Hey, thank you! I managed to upload it finally! I figured out how it works but because Dara said her coding only works with that specific dimenson of 1183x700, I tried the background you resized and the code she has makes it too big still! So I’m gonna change the overlay size within the code and see if that works as I think I figured out her coding to make it smooth loop! I’ll let you know once I’ve resized it, thank you so much for the help!! <3

Omg it only worked when I used the background you resized! Thank you so much!! This is my first time trying out looping and I’m releasing my story very soon!! Is it okay if I credit you in the chapter I use it? Just to say thank you for the help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I do not requiere credit but you can of cause credit me if you want :smiley: just do not write I am author of the background because I am not, I just modified it in GIMP and I didnt checked if the picture is free regarding author rights - that is up to you. ;))

1 Like

Haha it’s ok! I created the background myself, I just wanted to say thank you so I’ll definitely mention you for helping with my story :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.