Looping Backgrounds

Hey all,

How do you make a looping background?

like the mall and hospital looping backgrounds

You can’t, but you can put an overlay of the background you want to be looping and it’ll appear as a looping background.

When I upload a background it makes it so tiny it can’t be used as a background

ok, so make the background as big as you want it and then make it into an overlay

oops my bad I saved the thumbnail instead of the full image.

I’m unsure how to make it move as nothing comes up its just a black background I don’t know what I’m doing wrong

@overlay OCEAN1 create
&overlay OCEAN1 shifts to 0 0 in 1 in zone 1 THEN overlay OCEAN1 shifts to 100 0 in 1 in zone 1 loop 5 times

Remove the then and replace the &s with @s I think, I’m not an expert so if it doesn’t work you should ask @Dara.Amarie

That was directly from her help thread

Hi.
Instead of using the create, add the overlay directly to the background, that makes it easier.
ex. INT. BLACK - DAY with OCEAN1 to 1.0 0 0 in zone 1 at layer 1
&overlay OCEAN1 shifts to 100 0 in zone 1 in 1.0 THEN overlay OCEAN1 shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 in 1.0 loop 5 times <— then first thing put the loop command.

Also, I noticed you put the time before the zone, You need it to be the other way around as what zone is a part of the coordinates. Time alwyas comes last.

If you still want to use the create command, you need to make the overlay visable with an opacity change the first time you create it.

&overlay OCEAN1 create
&overlay OCEAN1 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay OCEAN1 shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 in 1.0 THEN overlay OCEAN1 shifts to 100 0 in zone 1 in 1.0 loop 5 times

<3

2 Likes

the top one worked (like it appeared) but its bouncing side to side i need it to pan across continuously

That’s because of the time frame - 1.0 - makes it a move not a jump. Thats my bad, apologize for that. :flushed: Just a small correction needed. Just make the last shift in 0, making it start over from scratch each time without a move.

INT. BLACK - DAY with OCEAN1 to 1.0 0 0 in zone 1 at layer 1
&overlay OCEAN1 shifts to 100 0 in zone 1 in 1.0 THEN overlay OCEAN1 shifts to 0 0 in zone 1 in 0 loop 5 times

<3

1 Like

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: