Looping fog overlay

hey guys! does anyone know how to code a looping fog overlay? I used this code but there is a gap in between them:

&overlay FOG INTRO shifts to -3 -7 in zone 1 in 7 THEN overlay FOG INTRO shifts to -717 -7 in zone 1 in 0 loop INFINITE times

please let me know if you know how to fix this. thanks x

1 Like

Isn’t it possible to do in the side preview or whatever it’s called because there you can move around so it matches exactly what you want!

i’ve already done that, but there is still a gap in between

1 Like

I don’t really know but here’s a link maybe that can help you!

I believe that what you are trying to accomplish can be done using two overlays of the same image. You can use this command to get a duplicate overlay:

&overlay OVERLAY create from FOG INTRO

OVERLAY can then be treated like a normal overlay.

By having another overlay like the first, you can have them alternate their movements so that it appears to have a solid motion. The positions of the overlays should be somewhat like this:

• The first overlay begins from off-screen on one side of the scene and travels off-screen to the other side while the second overlay follows directly behind it.
  • Once the first overlay is completely off-screen, it travels back instantly to the original position and continues it’s movement, followed by the second overlay.
  • This should create the illusion of one fluid motion between overlays (which may take some experimenting.)

A better, similar example and explanation of this can be found by looking up how to create looping backgrounds, but feel free to ask if you need better clarification.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

HI thank you for this. i thought of it too and tried doing it but it just stopped moving and there was no error

actually i just tried it again with this:

&overlay FOG INTRO shifts to -1 -7 in 7 then overlay FOG INTRO shifts to -717 -7 in zone 1 in 0 and overlay FOG shifts to -1 -7 in zone 1 in 7 then overlay FOG shifts to -717 -7 in zone 1 in 0 loop INFINITE times

but there is an error which is “loop command can only be used with overlay animation commands.”
did i do it wrong?

I’m not 100% sure about this, but I’ve come up with this kind of error before when I tried to loop two different overlays using the same line of code. I suggest separating the two into different lines, but still having them occur simultaneously.

If you are unsure of how to create a looping pause for an overlay so that it’s shift won’t occur until a later part of the animation, you can do this:

&overlay NAME shifts to [exact same position as it is already in] in T then …

This will make the overlay move for however much time you allot, but since it is moving to the same position it is in, it will act as a stationary pause for the overlay.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

make the loop for each overlay separatly … I am not sure but I think you cant have AND in looping command.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.