Looping overlay command

Hey! I’m using two different cop car overlays, one with the siren lights and the other without siren lights. I want the cop car with siren lights to loop while the opacity is changed from 0 to 1 to look as if the car lights are flashing. I place them in the same position but I don’t know how to write this in the loop command. How would I write this in the command? Thanks for any help!

Just write loop X times in the end of overlay placement line! :smile:

1 Like

&overlay shifts to x y loop # times

or

&overlay shifts to x y loop INFINITE times

1 Like

@Krsna @rubywrites Thank you, sorry but I just want to know for sure where I would add loop INFINITE times at?

@overlay 5991414059827200_COP CAR SIREN LIGHTS shifts to -29 0 in zone 1
@overlay 5991414059827200_COP CAR SIREN LIGHTS scales to 0.568 0.568
@overlay 5991414059827200_COP CAR SIREN LIGHTS moves to layer 1

2 Likes

If you want the lights to be flashing, Change the opacity and then loop it:

&overlay COP CAR SIREN LIGHTS opacity 1 in # THEN overlay COP CAR SIREN LIGHTS opacity 0 in # loop INFINITE times

1 Like

If cop car 2 is the one with the lights:

&overlay COP CAR 2 opacity 0 in 0.3 THEN overlay COP CAR 2 opacity 1 in 0.5 loop infinite times

Make sure cop car 2 is layered on top of the one without lights and experiment with what timing works best for you.

You can also add THEN overlay COP CAR 2 opacity 0 in 0.3 again to make the lights stay off for a bit to add a pause before it lights up again:

&overlay COP CAR 2 opacity 0 in 0.3 THEN overlay COP CAR 2 opacity 0 in 0. 3 THEN overlay COP CAR 2 opacity 1 in 0.3 loop infinite times

The same way you can add some time to keep the lights on for a bit:

&overlay COP CAR 2 opacity 0 in 0.3 THEN overlay COP CAR 2 opacity 0 in 0. 3 THEN overlay COP CAR 2 opacity 1 in 0.3 THEN overlay COP CAR 2 opacity 1 in 0.3 loop infinite times

1 Like

@MerryMirrors, @Victoria and, @rubywrites Thank you for all the help, it works!

2 Likes