Looping Overlay Help

So, I’m trying to create the illusion of falling stars for the intro of my story and was wondering if anyone can help me with the script. Note, I already have it looping downwards. The problem is, I’m having a hard time trying get the “stars” to descend smoothly. When I preview it, the falling stars appears to “stutter” when It starts all over again from the beginning. Can someone help me fix it? :sparkling_heart::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::hibiscus::cherry_blossom::tulip:

Script:

EXT. GODDESS WANDERESS - NIGHT

@overlay OL FALLING STARS create
@overlay OL FALLING STARS to layer 1
@overlay OL FALLING STARS scales to 2.525 2.525 in 0
&overlay OL FALLING STARS opacity 1 in 0

&overlay OL FALLING STARS shifts to 2 100 THEN overlay OL FALLING STARS shifts to 2 -100 in 10 loop INFINITE times

1 Like

If you want to create a smoother effects, or different types of easing functions, check out this thread:

1 Like

You can choose which ease function you like from the list. The default function is linear so you won’t have to type in linear.

Easing functions

1 Like

Where do I place it in the script? I place it after “loop INFINITE times” but it didn’t work. Do I need to replace the loop with one of the ease functions?

1 Like

After this:
So you would type @overlay OL FALLING STARS scales to 2.525 2.525 in 0 using easefunction

When typing out the ease function, make sure that there are no spaces in between the words or they won’t work.

If you want to use an ease function for both scaling and shifting you would put this:

&overlay OVERLAY shifts to x y in s using easefunction
@overlay OVERLAY scales to x y in s using easefunction

1 Like

There still seems to be a break in the animation when it start from the beginning but I’ll continue to revise the script. Anyways, I rather not keep you up any longer (considering if we have the same timezone and its eight minutes to two)

Hopefully I could reach you later today and you could continue to help me until I figure it out :sparkling_heart::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::hibiscus::cherry_blossom::tulip:

1 Like

Sure! No problem I’m just on my way to college now so I’ll see if I can sort this out later.

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you so much! :sparkling_heart::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.