Looping Overlays Opacity?

hi ! I’m currently writing a story, and wanted to use the “gif overlay” trick to make an “animated” “video”.
only problem; i need the overlay to play throughout the entire scene (loop INFINITE times), so basically play around with the opacity, I dont get any script errors when proceeding the command “loop INFINITE times”, but logically it wouldn’t show again since all the overlays are at opacity 1. I did try to reset the overlays at opacity 0 right after so it would show up again but when i do this i get a script error, thanks if anyone can help !! :blush:

1 Like

thanks for the reply, but I already did that, what i’m trying to do is to loop the “gif” overlay INFINITE times !

That’s because in the code, you have to set the opacity back to 0 like this:

&overlay INTROGIF1 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay INTROGIF5 opacity 0 in 0 THEN overlay INTROGIF2 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay INTROGIF1 opacity 0 in 0 THEN overlay INTROGIF3 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay INTROGIF2 opacity 0 in 0 THEN overlay INTROGIF4 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay INTROGIF3 opacity 0 in 0 THEN overlay INTROGIF5 opacity 1 in 0.1 THEN overlay INTROGIF4 opacity 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times

I did try that, although i did reset the opacity to 0 maybe my coding was a bit off thanks for the help though. But tbh I wonder if u can even loop an opacity at all ?? But I think I might’ve coded it wrong mine was a lil different since i put before the loop command “&overlay WHATEVER1 opacity 0 in 1” ect ect… Thanks for the help! I had a scene change so rn i won’t need to use the opacity loop but will deffo go back on that as soon as i’ll need it !! Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.