Looping problem

Okay so I’m not quite understanding on how looping Background works

I try 3 people different methods but all I get is this the zoom on it doesn’t work bc the overlay will loop stop at the end which shows the Background and then loop again

But I don’t understand how the 3 people did it and it work but all i get is this please :pray: help this poor writer out!!

Have you tried this?

It’s required that your overlay (background) is 1183 (width) x 700 (length) and both ends are matching so that it looks smooth.

Yes but that didn’t work bc of the 1MB

can I see the image you are using? so I can test it out!

1 Like

Thanks, and how fast do you want the speed?

1 Like

4 or 5

1 Like

Okay, well I tested it out on my script and it works fine, (I had to resize it to 1183X700 in order for it to work) and it works fine, the only problem is it doesn’t loop smoothly, the ends of the background need to match, here is the one I edited (I tried to make it look as “okay” as possible but I failed and this is how it turned out haha :sweat_smile:, if it’s alright for you then you can use it! also try this code (I used the 5th speed) please let me know if it works or not!

Overlay

Code I used

EXT. BLUE - DAY with SNOWY LOOP OVERLAY to 1.625 0 0 in zone 1 at layer -5
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 create from SNOWY LOOP OVERLAY and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 opacity 1 in 0
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 scales to 1.625 1.625 in 0 and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 and overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 to layer -6

&overlay SNOWY LOOP OVERLAY shifts to -640 0 in 3 THEN overlay SNOWY LOOP OVERLAY shifts to -960 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay SNOWY LOOP OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 THEN overlay SNOWY LOOP OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 3 THEN overlay SNOWY LOOP OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay SNOWY LOOP OVERLAY shifts to 0 0 in 0 loop INFINITE times
&overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 3 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in 0 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -640 0 in 3 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to -960 0 in 1.5 THEN overlay LOOP_OVERLAY_2 shifts to 0 0 in zone 2 in 0 loop INFINITE times

It worked thank you so much!!

1 Like

You’re welcome, so glad it worked :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.