Looping rotating overlay

I’m trying to make an overlay of sunlight rotate 360 degrees, and loop infinite. No matter what I try (I’ve tried several coding examples from the forums), the overlay doesn’t rotate around it’s center, it rotates around an outside point, making it spin around the screen.

This is my initial code:

&overlay SUNLIGHT GLOW shifts to -150 -57
&overlay SUNLIGHT GLOW rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 2 loop infinite times

I tried clearing it and then adding it and rotating again, I tried to change the anchor point, I tried changing the degrees… And nothing works :frowning:

Here is an example of where it should be (just rotating naturally around it’s center light sunlight):

Also, I need dialogue to happen while it spins, so I have to use &'s

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Try this:

&overlay SUNLIGHT GLOW rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 2 THEN overlay SUNLIGHT GLOW rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0 loop INFINITE times

1 Like

I had a similar issue. I posted a solution here: Overlay infinite loops don't work

I tried this, it still rotated around an outer anchor point :frowning:

You’ll probably have to play around with the anchor point to get it to rotate the way you want. My post was only about “looping” the rotation of an overlay. I saw that you were using “loop INFINITE times” in your code and that doesn’t work for rotating overlays so that’s why I mentioned it lol

I tried changing it but no luck :frowning: I’ll try again though, thank you!

It’s still using some strange anchor point :frowning: I’ll try to change it, maybe something else will work (although 0.5 0.5 should be center)

Well, the your the png image should be in the center of the canvas, try resizing the overlay to 500x500, that helps me a lot

1 Like

It is in the center, but I’ll try resizing!

Thank you so much for your help everyone! I’ll try to dabble with the code some more, while I’m still waiting for my approvals :smiley:
If I can’t make it spin, I’ll just have it change opacity, that’ll look good too.

1 Like

This actually doesn’t create a continuous rotation. How do you get that?