Looping wheel timing

Hello my friends,

I need an advice. When I code a car coming into the scene, the wheel doesn’t move at the same time as the car. I tried different timing options but it’s not working. Please can you help me?

Here is the code:

Here is the video:

VIDEO ILLUSTRATION

Thank you <3

1 Like

I can try to see if I can get it to sync properly but I’m not making any promises :sweat_smile:. Can I please get the car ol and wheel ol’s you have as well as the coding pasted here ?

1 Like

Here are the overlays.

The scrip:
EXT. NICOLSON HOUSE
@cut to zone 1
@EASTON changes into EASTON_SMOKIN
@MARCUS changes into MARCUS_FOOTBALL
@SAMANTHA changes into SAMANTHA_HOME
&overlay RED FERRARI create
&overlay RED FERRARI shifts to -13 -16 in zone 1
&overlay RED FERRARI scales to -0.485 0.485
&overlay RED FERRARI opacity 1 in 0
&overlay RED FERRARI moves to layer 3
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI create
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI shifts to -142 -18 in zone 1
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI scales to 0.436 0.436
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI opacity 1 in 0
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI moves to layer 4
&EASTON spot 0.353 -223 157 in zone 1 AND EASTON faces right AND EASTON moves to layer 1
&MARCUS spot 0.359 -244 154 in zone 1 AND MARCUS faces right AND MARCUS moves to layer 2
&SAMANTHA spot 0.222 228 247 in zone 1 AND SAMANTHA faces left AND SAMANTHA moves to layer -4 AND SAMANTHA is tinker_stand_neutral_loop_rear
@pause for 2
&overlay RED FERRARI shifts to 1 -19 in zone 2 in 2
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI shifts to 239 15 in zone 1 in 1.6
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 3 THEN overlay WHEEL FERRARI rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0 loop 2 times
&EASTON walks to spot 0.353 109 154 in zone 1 in 2 AND EASTON faces right AND EASTON moves to layer 1 AND EASTON does it while idle_loop
&MARCUS walks to spot 0.359 86 154 in zone 1 in 2 AND MARCUS faces right AND MARCUS moves to layer 2 AND MARCUS does it while idle_loop
@pause for 3

Thank you so much for trying :pray::pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Can I also get the background too plz ? :sweat_smile:

I think you can try on whatever background because for this type of coding is not important what is behind the car. If you will use my code, placement should be same everywhere. It is only one zone scene. This background is made specially just for this story by my co-author and it wasn’t even updated yet, so IDW put this background here. Thanks for understanding and trying :pray:

It kinda helps me to have the background so in case I need to re do some coordinates I can see the proper placement as well and make sure it looks good . If you can share it in pm it would be very helpful for me if not I can’t help unfortunately .

Since you rotated your wheel overlay, the spot placement changes. So I suggest starting out with the wheel overlay already rotated first, then place the overlay in the correct starting placement. Like this:

&overlay WHEEL FERRARI create
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI shifts to -142 -18 in zone 1
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI scales to 0.436 0.436
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI opacity 1 in 0
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI moves to layer 4
&overlay WHEEL FERRARI rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0

Then move the overlay to where it’s suppose to be and change the shift coordinates to the new coordinates.

1 Like

OMG thank you so much Dara, it helped! :hearts: and I feel so honored you respoded to my problem. Thank you once more, have a good day :purple_heart:

1 Like

I tried Dara’s advice and it helped. But thank you so much for your help offer I appreciate it :hearts: