Los Angeles - informations needed

Hey everyone!
I am currently working on my story which is taking place in Los Angeles. The problem is that I live far away from LA (in Europe) and I have difficulties with writing about city I know so little about. It’s teen story and main character should be 16-19 years old, but she should still go to school. So can anyone help me with this issue? What age are kids going in primary/high/middle (or any other for that matter) school and college, what’s the right order of schools, how long does it take to finish each…? What is specific about law organization…? Or other information you find important or interesting. So any information is useful at the moment.
Thank you in advance :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about a story idea. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

How old the child is during what part of school is determined by when the parents want to enroll them. But normally you get into Middle School (6th grade) at around age 11 or 12 (sometimes 10 if they were bumped up a grade) then start High School (9th grade) at around age 13 1/2 or 14 (sometimes just turning 15)

Then graduate high school at around 18 or 19 (sometimes 20 if held back in earlier periods of education)

When your MC goes to college is completely up to you! I’m am unsure what the rules are in other countries, but I believe for most of America you can take college courses even in your Junior (11th grade) year in highschool!

Also, It takes 1 year to finish/complete each grade (unless held back) including summer break, winter break, and all other holidays and breaks.

(Another thing! In High School instead of saying grades such as: 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th. They have Freshman year (9th), Sophomore year (10th), Junior year (11th), and Senior year (12th)

1 Like

Thank you:)

1 Like

So how many years it takes to finish Middle school?

1 Like

3! 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade :grin:

Hmm my school our middle school is 6th and 7th

Junior High is 8th I guess my school does things differently

Highschool is 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th

Thank you!

Where are you from?

1 Like

AR, United States

Hers is more common than mines

1 Like

Aha, thanks

So when a kid turns 18 it’s Senior year in high school?

yup!

1 Like

Is your story going to be LL or ink ??

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Limelight:)

Did you need help with the story I could help please say yes :sob:

1 Like

Why not? That would actually be really nice of you!

I am new in all this and there are a lot of things I need enternity to figure out…

Okay umm is there any social Media I can contact you on ?? Like discord , ig , Twitter , hangouts