Love interests poll

Hi! I’m curious to know how many LIs you like in stories (obviously they also depend on the story’s genre). Personally I like many (not too many otherwise they are superficial)indeed my story “the unEXpected show” has 5. But I’d like to know what y’all think since compared to years ago it’s harder to find stories with multiple LIs. :star_struck:

• 4-5
  • MANY

0 voters

(Also, I think that the amount isn’t the most important part, I think it’s essential to NEVER let the MC kiss with someone without the choice, but that’s my opinion and the same reason for which I put 5LIs in my story but allow the reader to treat them friendly :smiley:)

4 Likes

crap i read it wrong. i meant to say one sorrryyyyy

1 Like

I prefer 1 cause is gonna be way to hard choosing at the end of the story :tired_face: But I like drama, so putting a boy to create jealousy would be amazing :relieved:

6 Likes

No prob lol

1 Like

My story is basically based on drama… it’s like watching KUWTK and Geordie Shore in 1

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Wow, are people’s preferences shifting to having just one LI with stories? That’s really interesting.

2 Likes

I picked three because a lot of the stories I love are set up this way: 1 male LI who i don’t like at all, 1 male LI who I like well enough, and 1 female LI who is 300 times better than both the male LIs combined

But if I’m gonna read a story where romance is central to the plot, I prefer just one

2 Likes

I always prefer one LI, it always get’s too complicated with more. I also feel really bad at the end where we have to choose a LI. Breaks my heart seeing the LI’s I didn’t pick. Also, I’m just a person who prefers romance type stories and throughout the story the MC is just invested with the one LI. It’s different for everyone.

5 Likes

I like 1/2 LIs because then it would be difficult to choose and my opinion is that then are too much las.If it’s romance I would prefer 1

1 Like

EXACTLY! I wasn’t aware either

1 Like

Wow I actually never expected so many people to prefer 1! I, for example, prefer many so I can CHOOSE, I dislike it when I’m forced to like that one guy

3 Likes

I prefer two love interests!
Idk, I just found it fun to choose between two :joy: and the choice is (most of the time) easier than having more love interests.

1 Like

that’s true

I like having love interests in stories i meant to choose two lol in didn’t have my glasses on but I’d say the story is a drama of a sort I feel like at the end of the story the MC should have the option to stay single if they please.

1 Like

Oh you spoiler my ending… I have 5 LIs but at the end I there’s also the choice of being a single independent woman

2 Likes

I prefer many because it feels more natural to me. In real life you can choose who you flirt with and who you don’t. You can decide which personalities you’re more attracted to and which you’re not. Quite honestly your story has to be pretty good for me to read it and it only has one LI I need at least two (or a single option) so I don’t feel stuck with a LI I don’t like and many of my top favorites stories have like 4 or more LI (Competitive Edge, Dirty Sassy Teenagers, Reign, One Of The Girls) and maybe this is just me but I’ve found that most stories with many LI already have the characters integrated into the story as their own characters with personalities whereas many stories with 1-2 LI added them just to have a LI/love triangle

2 Likes

OH MY I AGREE SO BAD!!! Literally this is why my story has 5 LIs with different personalities each!! I hate it when I’m forced to like a guy I think is a jerk or I genuinely don’t like. Some people think that since we customize we necessarily like him, but it’s not only about the looks

1 Like

Omg yes exactly!!! Like idc how hot he is if he’s a pr*ck and I feel like a lot of times when people try to write someone as like charming and flirty and can come across as creepy to me personally and instantly turn me off of them

2 Likes

I like three because it is not too little or too many. Episode used to be such an interactive game but people started using the app as a way to write their stories. The game wasn’t interactive anymore. We couldn’t choose who we wanted to date.

2 Likes