Lovsicle’s Story Reviewing Corner

Hi! It’s me, Lovsicle. I have been bored the past couple of days and I have been scrolling through the stories day by day hoping to find one that would intrigue me.

After seeing so much bad boy and pregnancy stories, I brought myself to create this thread to review your stories! Please take note that my criticism may be a bit harsh, but I would like to let you know that I just want to help you guys grow as an author.

If you want your story to be reviewed, please copy the template below and fill it in then post it in this thread.

Template

Title:
Author:
Summary of Story:
Genre:
Style: (Classic/Ink/Limelight)
Amount of Episodes:
How Many Episodes You Want Me to Read:

COVER (optional)

So if any of you are wondering how I would grade or criticize your story, click on the arrow below. :slight_smile:

Criticism System

Title (0-5/5): Description on what I think about your title

Cover (0-5/5): Description on what I think about your cover

Grammar Mechanics and Punctuation (0-5/5): Description on what I think about your grammar and punctuation

Summary (0-5/5): Description on what I think about your summary

Length (0-5/5): Description on what I think about the length of your story

Characters (0-10/10): Description on what I think about your characters

Creativity (0-10/10): Description on what I think about the way you portrayed the story

Directing (0-10/10): Description in what I think about the directing

Plot (0-10/10): Description on what I think about the overall plot

Overall Score: 9-65/65

Overall Overview:

Will I continue reading your story? Yes/No and justification

Would I recommend this story? Yes/No and justification

What are my final thoughts? My final thoughts and justification

Don’t hesitate to post your stories here. :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Lovsicle
Thank you for creating this thread! I’d really appreacite if you could check out my story and give me some feedback. Here are the details: you asked for:
Title: Lie to Me
Author: Alexandra Mar
Description: After only serving 3 years of a 25 to life sentence, Aiden Suarez is mysteriously released. But wait, what’s that? Oh right, “Aiden Suarez” no longer exists.
Genre: Drama with romantic subplots
Style: Ink
Number of episodes: 5 (ongoing)
Number of episodes to review: 3
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6378501067505664

Hey, I saw your thread pop up and I was wondering if you’d be willing to read what I have so far of my unpublished story? It’s only around the first 12 minutes of what I’ve got prepared for the first episode though, so it’s not terribly short :sweat_smile:

Hi @AMar! I’ll start reading this right away! Thanks for posting! :smile:

Hi @a.d.episode! Sure thing!

1 Like

I would like a review. Thank you for this :smile:
Just inform me when you are gonna do mine :slight_smile:
Title: A Divine Tale
Author: Emily M.
Summary: Individuals with supernatural power are called divinus. They are forced to live in a world that hates them. Someone has decided to kill them all includin you.
Genre: Fantasy
Amount of episodes: 21 (COMPLETE)
How many episodes I want you to read: 5 episodes
Cover:
Supernatural_d0_posterThumb_Qe44ZSFQLC Supernatural_d0_posterImage_Az6MacL6Au

Hi @mikio_writes! I will start reading yours right away! Thanks for posting your story here! :smile:

Also, I may take some time because of my passes. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sure thing. Just dont be too harsh on my review. You can be honest but also be nice.

Okay, thank you so much for doing this!
Take all the time you need and please be as honest as you can :sparkling_heart:

Name: Providence
Author: A.D. Summers
Genre: Fantasy Adventure
Number of episodes: 1 (ignore the second I was messing around with something lol)
Description: “Why does God even deal with us?” I never thought I’d know his answer, until I returned to that mysterious town. After all, Providence is a greater mystery than Revelation. Limited CC (??? still debating)
Link:

Cover:

Sure thing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @a.d.episode! Thanks for posting your story here! I’ll be sure to read it! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @AMar! I have finished three episodes just like what you asked me to. Here’s what I think!

Your Score/Criticism

Title (4/5): I probably only rated a four because I am only three episodes in to the story. I don’t really know the meaning behind the title yet. :wink:

Cover (5/5): The cover fits perfectly to the plot and I do think that I would click on it if I saw it while I was scrolling! The cover isn’t too exaggerating as well, you took a subtle approach to it yet it is still appealing. Great job!

Grammar Mechanics and Punctuation (5/5): There are little to no mistakes in grammar, great job!

Summary (3/5): The summary is okay, but if I were being honest, I would actually click off after reading the summary. It just doesn’t tug that string that makes you wanna say, “time to read!”. I feel as if the summary is lacking something (I just can’t put my finger on it), but it’s your approach.

Length (5/5): I think each chapter took around 8-10 minutes, just the way I like it. Not too short nor not too long. Good job!

Characters (10/10): I love all of their personalities, and even at the start (Smiles :heart_eyes:) I was already thrown off (in a good way!) by your characters. I really wanna know more about Tanya and Gabe for some reason. Even though they acted mean, the way they acted was intriguing. Same with the rest of your characters, good job. :smiley:

Creativity (9/10): Everything about your story was unique and well-thought out but I took off one point because the look-alike thing, the part where Aiden replaces Chris, and the part when Mia was hovering Aiden, it gave me a dèja vu from the story Stealing Star Boyfriend. But the rest of the parts were creatively done, good job!

Directing (10/10): The zooms were perfect, and the spot directing of your characters were smooth. I haven’t seen a mistake yet. Good job! Teach. Me. Your. Ways.

Plot (9/10): Okay, I know I said that I would click off because of your summary, but I realized that if I actually did that… I would regret it so bad. The story sucked me in to a different world and all the plot twists kept my head hanging. I was left wanting for more after every episode and I really, as in REALLY want to know what would happen between Mia and Aiden after Chris went abroad with Gabe. I only took off one point because I felt like the transitions were too fast. It gave me a “after 3 years, after another 3 years” vibe. But overall, good job!

Overall Score: 60/65

Overall Overview:

Will I continue reading your story? YES. D e f i n i t e l y. Like what I said when I graded your plot, I really want to know what would happen next. Seriously, can’t my passes load faster?

Would I recommend this story? Definitely. It can teach people a lot about the value of family and it can also make people more vigilant. :slight_smile:

What are my final thoughts? WHY IS IT ONLY FIVE EPISODES?!.. lol jk. I absolutely had a great time reading this! I have read like… fifty+ stories…? And I think I’d prefer this over most of the stories in the featured section. Overall, I see lots of potential in you as a growing author, so keep it up!

Thank you for posting your story! Can’t wait to see more of it soon!

1 Like

Thanks for doing this!

Here’s mine:
Title: Dreams and Nightmares
Author: Dreamer
Genre: Romance
Summary: Scarlet had a rough past and it looks like it’s not getting better after she was bought by some mysterious guy. Will she ever turn her life from a nightmare to a dream?
Episodes: 6 (more coming sone, 7 and 8 are already done, but I try to always publish 3 at once)
How many episodes I’d like you to read: I’d be really happy if you could read all of them (I’ll probably have 9 published ones until you’ve finished all the reviews that came before me) I completely understand if you don’t want to, because you think it’s too cliche, but I’ll make sure to make some plot twists to make my story something special.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5452320906543104

Hi @RainbowCat! You’d probably see your review tomorrow as I am out of passes and I also have other things to do for school. Thanks for posting your story! I will be sure to read it!

Hey, thank you so much for creating this thread.:slight_smile:
Title: The Four Horsemen
Author: S_Unique
Summary of Story: 4 Sins. 4 Angels fell. 4 Horsemen rose. A curse was casted. And the battle of good vs evil is about to begin. CC/ Choices matter
Genre: Fantasy
Style: (Classic/Ink/Limelight): Ink
Amount of Episodes: 6(ongoing)
How Many Episodes You Want Me to Read: at least 3

COVER (optional)

Thank you so much for your feedback!!!
I definitely agree that there is something missing in the summary. My feelings about my story’s description changes from day to day: some days I love it, some days I hate it :woman_facepalming:t4: I just don’t know how else to describe the story without giving any of the twists and turns.
I’m glad to hear you want to know more about Tanya and Gabe :heart: I can’t say Gabe becomes anymore likeable, even after learning is background story, but I definitely think Tanya does :blush:
Really thank you so much for your in depth review! I’ve never heard of “Stealing Star Boyfriend”, but I’ll check it out as I’m now curious about the similarities you pointed out. Once again, thank you so much! It really means a lot to me that you are enjoying my story :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! Take your time, I don’t want you to be stressed

Hi @a.d.episode! I finished the first episode of Providence, and here’s what I think!

Your Score/Criticism

Title (5/5): This title is definitely intriguing. Providence has a deep meaning to it, and although it is really one word, it is powerful enough to portray the story.

Cover (5/5): That cover is magnificent! I really can’t say anything else other than how beautiful it is and how it matches the word providence.

Grammar Mechanics and Punctuation (4/5): Your grammar is great, it is just that I noticed that some of your sentences contain missing periods at the end of the sentence.

Summary (5/5): Okay, I’d actually click off because I am not a huge fan of reading stories about religion even though I do believe in God myself. But the way you worded that intrigued me. I actually often ponder about life and that is the exact question I once asked myself. The summary also left me wondering what happened there that led her to the answer. So you did quite a good job on that.

Length (5/5): A good eight minute read does the day. :slight_smile:

Characters (8/10): Okay, I do feel like you should have introduced more than four characters in the first episode. But I really love their personalities, especially Pit (lol dun kill me jupiter). I do feel super sorry for Dom though after all the interruptions. XD

Creativity (6/10): Hear me out. The story had too much narration. The first minute was literally narration and it actually kind of bored me out a bit. There is this saying, “show, don’t tell”, so I think it would entertain the audience a bit more if you showed the story thru actions and not narration.

Directing (10/10): The spot directing and zooms were good! Good job!

Plot (8/10): I do think your plot is good, but I think it needs more depth. I only read one episode so I don’t really have much of a say…

Overall Score: 56/65

Overall Overview:

Will I continue reading your story? I wouldn’t actually continue reading it because I have certain preferences. Don’t get me wrong, the story is good, but it isn’t the type of story that I’d read.

Would I recommend this story? Although I wouldn’t read it, I would recommend it, especially for my friends who are losing faith in God.

What are my final thoughts? I just want to let you know that you should keep writing. I see a lot of potential in you as a writer and I think there is a lot of room for improvement as this is just your first story. You actually did better than I did in my first story (which isn’t published lol). Keep swimming!

Thank you for posting your story! Keep on writing and be the writer you aspire to be!

1 Like

Hi @S_Unique! You’d probably see your review tomorrow as I am out of passes and I also have other things to do for school. Thanks for posting your story! I will be sure to read it!

1 Like

Hi,

I’d love for you to review my story!

I know you are out of passes so do not worry, I am happy to wait!

Style: INK

Episodes I want read: Three

Title: Crossed Paths

Author name: Dreamer

Description: Mindy’s life’s filled with joy and laughter but is haunted by heartbreak. All that changes when she meets Derek. Will he be able to mend her broken heart? CHOICES MATTER!

Follow Mindy through a journey of ups and downs, surrounded by bonkers friends and family and self-discovery!

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5294643993772032 4

Episodes: FIVE (and counting)

Small Cover: