Luna's honest reviews!

Please check it out and let me know what you think!
Name: Opposite in Harmony
Author: Pheebsnomenal
Genre: fantasy/adventure/romance
After 1412 years, Aimie finally decides to visit Earth and that is when her life turns up side down. She finds out that sometimes you can’t judge a book by it’s cover. Her perfect family seems to be hiding all kind of secrets from her. Will she ever find her way back to her family even if that means living a lie? Or will she choose to abandon everything she ever knew and live an honest life with her new friends?
***I wrote this story because I love writing and to be honest, it just came to me. LOL
***I think my story can be really unique?
***I’m really not confident about my plot, I wanna keep it interesting so people will keep reading, but idk how.
***I have 6 episodes published right now. If you can please review 3.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!! I am glad you liked it!
I am sorry if you were confused a little, but it will really make sense in the next episodes!

2 Likes

:gem: Gem story!

Hello Rosina.V! :heart:

My review of “Trouble in princess paradise” is finished.

First impression:
The tile was good, and I loved both of your covers! The description was pretty short, but enough to catch my interest. Then, you smashed me in the face with your intro. Rosina, your intro was incredible! You have created a new world for the reader to dive into, and it was amazingly creative. You even managed to kick in some humour there.

This had me bursting.

PNG

A strong first impression, that left me with high expectations.

Characters:
You don’t have many main characters in the first three episodes, but I found each one of them diverse, interesting and with a clear personality.
I love Rose! She is a nice main character and a decent person that still has flaws. I tend to get annoyed of MC’s very quick, but I didn’t feel that way with Rose at all. I understood an could relate to all her emotions and decisions, and they were realistic to me. She was also down to earth and didn’t think better of herself even though she was royal.
I found Skyler a bit strange in the beginning. I mean, you just fell out of the sky into an entire new country that you’ve never heard about before, and this is your reaction… No interest, a few overbearing comments and with an all-around disappointing indifference. He did grow on me though, and I think I finally started to really like him when he was the one to suggest compensating the poor orange-merchant.
I do think there’s a good chemistry between Rose and Skyler, and I feel like their different personalities are good for each other.
I have a love-annoyed relationship with Alessandro. He is absolutely hilarious, and I love him being a part of the story. His personality is so original.
I also love the drama where Alessandro is the big black wolf in the family. A very good idea.

Narration:

There were no big mistakes in your grammar, and the conversations flowed easily.

Directing:
WHAT… Not a single mistake in your directing? WHO ARE YOU? You must have gone through your story many times, because even though your story is long, everything was perfect. Your spotting, zooms, animation, everything. You also had a decent amount of choices that left an impact on the story. Hahaha, this choice was in my opinion, a little bit cringey though:

IMG_0620

Plot:
I think your story is super creative and original. You already have so many sides to the story that you can explore further on. The volcano-country, with the aggressive people, where that lack of metal is slowly becoming a bigger issue, the whole “alchemy rumour”, why the man on the market is afraid to talk about why it’s hard to get certain wares or why on earth Skyler fell from the sky and can’t remember anything. You are very good at creating suspense in your story. I also loved how the countries were based on what they produced and sold of wares. It made your world and countries more realistic.
The story never becomes boring, as you spice it up with interesting scenes, and continues to make me laugh. I loved it when Rose, Skyler and Alessandro sneak out with their amazing outfits and Alessandro have this insane orange-problem story.

My god, Skyler looks amazing.

IMG_0626

X factor:
You used a lot of sounds and music, which fitted the mood very well. The custom backgrounds were amazing and framed your story perfectly. You also used overlays well. I can tell that you’ve put a lot of effort in to your story.

This was really cool!

IMG_0634

I think we have the exact same humour, because you had me bursting so many times.

Overall thoughts:

Only a few authors manage to develop an interesting new “feeling” for the reader, as he/she delves into their story. You manage to do that. I feel like you have created this world in your head, but still are able to portray it very well to the reader.
Do NOT worry about the length of the chapters. Your story never gets boring, so even for the short-chapters fans, this should not be a problem. I personally love long chapters, though, so I was very happy.
I did tend to forget that I was reading for an episode review and just got sucked into the story. I love your characters, your humour, your directing and all the different plots happening within the main plot.
This is a story that I will continue to read! Great work!

Final score:

3 Likes

Wow thank you so much :heart::sob::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::two_hearts: you made my day!:heart:

2 Likes

Title: Lie to Me
Author: Alexandra Mar
Genre: Drama
Cover:

Description: It’s hard to describe my story without giving away all/most of the twists and turns that bappen in the first 3 episodes. Though the last part of the description in the app seems a little confusing at first, I think it all makes sense once you finish reading episode 3: After only serving 3 years of a 25 to life sentence, Aiden Suarez is mysteriously released. But wait, what’s that? Oh right, “Aiden Suarez” no longer exists.

What made you write your story?:
I got the idea for LTM about 7 years ago when I was in high school. I was listening to a Spanish song called “Amor de Madre” (Mother’s Love). I kept wondering what could have happened to the characters in the song, and that’s when the story came to me. LTM is my version of what I think happened afterwards. I have a really hard time putting into words what I picture certain scenes look like. Because of that, I never wrote passed the first chapter of the story. Episode gave the opportunity to show rather than tell what I pictured.
That’s why I decided to write the story. It’s been living in my imagination for way too long, and it’s time that others see it too.
What are you confident about in your story?
My directing skills and the background stories of my characters. I hate directing, but because I hate it so much, I told myself “if I am doing this, this better be good!” Though I am still learning, I think I did a pretty good job at coding :blush: I also spent a lot of time developing the background story, motivations, and desires of every character, and I think that translated quite well in the actual story.
What are you not so confident about in your story?
Pacing and grammar. I have way too many ideas and I am not always sure if I am just dragging the story or if I am actually making progress. I also tend to overthink everything! I am not a native English speaker, and though I consider myself fluent, I second guess myself all the time.
Amount of episodes: My story is ongoing. I currently have 6 episodes out. I think reading 3 episodes will give you a good idea of what the rest of the story is about.

And final notes: Though it’s true I’m not a native English speaker and that this is my first story, please don’t go easy on me. I’ve worked really hard on my story, and hopefully one day it’ll be good enough to make it to the trending section, but until then, I need honest feedback to improve and get it to where I want it to be :heart: Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Title: One Night Stand

Author: Kim R

Cover

Description: Jen’s life has no drama, until one night… it does… What will happen to her perfect life?
Amount of episodes: 5 chapters published so far.

I really wanted to write a story different from others I have read. I wanted to incorporate some scenarios that some of my friends have encountered.

The way the plot unravels.

Not sure that there are enough choices.

And final notes: All feedback greatly received.

2 Likes

Hello mysique_writer! :heart:

My review of “Teacher or Queen?” is now finished.

I understand the struggle with episode 4 being your proudest work. Unfortunately, I will have to follow my rules and only review your three first episodes. This is to respect other authors that have asked me the same. If I say yes to you, I might think others will find it unfair. However, if you want me to take a look at your fourth epsiode outside this review, I would be happy to pm you what I think about it. :blush:

First impression:
Your cover was quite simple, but I liked it. The title drew me in, it was clear, yet made me wonder what your story would be about. The description however was a bit unclear, which means that I will start the story without really knowing what to expect. You didn’t have any splashes, which I recommend you do. Splashes always make the stories seem a tad more professional. I love it when you informed the reader that the choices would have a big impact! This excited me. You start the story interestingly by narrating some kind of inner love-struggle. It grabbed my attention and I wanted to know more.

Characters:
You did not have a lot of characters in your story, but they were all quite original.
First of all, I like the main character Darja a lot, and to me that is very important. She is independent, intelligent, mature and strong. But first and foremost, I become interested in her because you created her very original and with a touch of mystery.
Daniel seems like a good guy, although we don’t really get to know him that well, so I guess he is a bit of a bit of a mystery. I thought he was overreacting a bit when Darja, as a stranger, apologized and said she had to leave after the kiss.

IMG_0675

When it comes to the relationship between them, I was quite confused in all three chapters. We don’t really get to understand who they are to each other before the end of episode three. I wish you could give some more hints before that, as three chapters without any clarity could make some people a bit impatient.
I love Christopher and Bibi. Cassandra is a character that I don’t really understand. In my opinion, she is reacting very strangely to Darja. She has no reason to suspect any unfaithfulness, yet she is obsessing over it. And she is rude to the Queen. I think it would more realistic if these were her thoughts instead of something she would actually say out loud.

Narration:
You had some grammar mistakes, but I can understand that it’s hard when English is not your first language. Still, your narration gives me the impression that you are quite mature. The way you portray Darjas emotions shows off your great author skills! You’re very good at writing, and it shows especially when you manage to take us into Darjas world.
There is however a lot of narration and very little action in your story. Especially a lot of narration where Darja is thinking about things that we don’t understand yet. This tend to get a bit heavy in your story.

Directing:
You used quite basic directing. There were zooms and you had spot directing at times. I wish you had used more spot directing as it will blend more with the backgrounds. As an example, here it looks like they are standing in the water. It would be nice to spot them on the grass place behind them.

IMG_0652

If you spot the characters more, you are able to zoom out and make the characters stand further apart so it doesn’t look awkward like this, when someone bows for the Queen.

IMG_0655

Your zooming is good, but they are a bit slow at times. There was also a zooming issue in the scene where she was in her room after I chose to kiss Dan. I didn’t get to know how Christopher looked until the end of the scene:

IMG_0648

Your animations were absolutely perfect, and the choices truly had an effect on the story. Great work!

Plot:
Honestly, I found your story a bit confusing. Especially after she meets Dan in the beginning of the first episode. He was the love of her life, they have (spoiler alert!) a kid together and they still didn’t manage to recognize each other. What!? But when they met each other the second time, and looked exactly the same, they recognized each other at once? And how does Daniel know that little about Darja when he was the love of her life? Why are they acting so weird around each other? I think the reader needs some of these answers a bit sooner, as being in the dark for too long can make it boring.
I also think that Cassandra’s jealousy drama took a way too big place in the second episode. It was a lot of forth and back, and Cassandra was just being really unreasonable.
However, I really like the idea of a Queen wanting to be a teacher. That’s an interesting and original plot. I believe that this story has a lot of potential, especially with Darja as the main character. The complicated love story, with Daniel being the headmaster, while being her past lover will definitely be interesting.
The plot twist in episode three though! Amazing!

X factor:
You didn’t use any music. There were some sound effects and one overlay though. But no art, or effects of any kind. Not always transitions either, which I find important to get the flow of the story. You didn’t use much humour, which is understandable as the plot is very emotional. But the story always gets a little bit better when you manage to slip a hint of it in. Bibi and Cassandra would for example be perfect to have some funny lines with.

Overall thoughts:
First of all, I love Darja and her personality. She really makes the story. There is a lot of underlying mystery in the first three episodes, which honestly confused me very much, as I never really got to understand what previously happened. Episode three made more sense to me than other two. I understand you very well when you said that episode 4 is your greatest work and you really wanted me to read it, as I feel like the other episodes were more fillers to what happened in episode 3. The directing and grammar were ok, but I recommend you learn a bit more advanced directing. I think the plot is original and interesting, I wish however you would start the story a bit earlier. There is a mature vibe to the way you write that I like a lot. I hope you will make the storyline a bit clearer as I think this has a lot of potential!
Please keep on writing, as I can see that you are a talented writer!

Final score:
Design%20uten%20navn%20(85)

2 Likes

I am not sure if you are taking more stories to do reviews. But if you are I would love for you to review my story. I like that you are detailed on what needs to be improved and show with pictures so the author understands what you mean.
Title:
“I will always find you”
Author:
Maria.StorryWritter
Genre:
Horror/Thriller
Cover:

Description:
My life takes a dark turn. When I meet him. My only hope is to get out on time. If that is even possible.
Who can I trust, Who should I fear? Please help me, Someone’s watching.

I wanted to show a point of view on a person dealing with mental illness. How being honest is very important. How a lie can have a big impact on a person life that can make them go the wrong route.

My overlays.
My Grammar. Also since English is not my first language Spanish is. I tend to write the way I talk. And I understand it might be annoying to some readers.
Amount of episodes: 10 episodes published.
Would love if you can review 3.

And final notes:
My first episode is a trailer for my story.
I made the trailer for 2 purposes.

1. So the readers can have an idea of what my story will be like. And decide if its something they might be interested in reading.
  2. Wanted it to be different than other stories.

Also, the story is not a CC story. I made the characters how I imagine it.
But maybe there will be an opportunity later in the story.

2 Likes

Thank you! I really appreciate that. :heart:
Yes, I am still taking on stories! Your story is now on my list.
I will try to review as fast as possible, but my number one priority is that my reviews will be detailed enough to not disrespect the effort you authors are putting into writing.
Looking forward to reading your story! It looks very interesting!

3 Likes

Thank you, yes I notice how you do your reviews and it’s very detailed it shows you actually take the time to actually read the story. Doing a review should always take time. Not rushed. :blush:

3 Likes

Hey, I’m Alex and I published my new story few months ago. Would love to hear your thoughts. You can also dm me on instagram if you like it! @alex.woods27

Title: October’s Love
Author: Alex Woods
Genre: Adventure
Episodes: 5 (more episodes coming soon)
I’m not going to give you any specific number but I’d like to say that if you liked it, then you can read as many as you want! :smiley:
Description: October is living a cozy-perfect life with her mother Allina. What happens when their life takes an unexpected turn?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6648621507936256 1

Here’s the cover for my story:

What made me write my story?
Constant ideas, thoughts, dreams and millions of movies helped me. I love writing and when I came to know that we can write something like this, I was beyond happy to try it!

What makes me feel confident about my story?
That I finally can code! Lol. Not lying i had many problems while trying out but I’m kinda happy with the results. I’m happy because at least my story isn’t some pregnant drama lol.

What makes me feel less confident or something like that about my story?
Maybe the plot. I sometimes thought that it’s hard to relate for some people. Although i got very good responses so basically I’m good now.

Final notes
Yep. First ever story.
Yes, English is not my native language but I try to make as less mistakes as possible.

Happy reading! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:gem: Gem story!

Hello picalilly! :heart:

My review of “Skeptics and Believers” is finished.

First impression:

Your title was original and you have an amazing cover. The description intrigued me, and it perfectly gave the reader a taste of what your story would be about. For your intro, I wish you had music and custom splashes, other than your cover. This will give your story bit more professional touch. I loved how you could choose the gender of your love interest right away! This gave me the impression that you have coded a lot in your story, and therefore put effort into it.

Characters:

I absolutely love the way you have developed your characters! They were diverse, likable, had their own personalities and there was depth to them.
The main character has actually become one of my all-time favourite Episode MC’s! As I have written in many reviews, I get easily annoyed with the main characters as they represent “my emotions and actions”. This MC is portrayed realistically, she is reasonable, upfront without being rude, incredibly funny, have a lot of self-irony and she can stand up for herself!
Phoebe is honestly pure gold. She had me bursting through all your episodes. I just love her addition to the story.
I also think Ruby is such a well-developed character with a lot of humour.
The three of them together, is what makes this story so amazing to me. How their very different personalities yet very similar situation brings them together, despite all the trouble and arguments in the beginning. I think you timed the relationship development between the three girls amazingly. That is something that can be quite hard in episode stories as they usually feel kind of rushed.
I love how Ruby summed up the trio like:

IMG_0694

Even though they were hilarious together, you still managed to show a more serious side to them. This is so important in comedies.
I find Blaine a bit of a jerk, but I suppose that’s kind of the point.

Narration:

Your grammar was as far as I could see, perfect. The flow of your conversations was amazing, how natural it was and how you never included any narration that did not support your storyline. I got the feeling that I was watching a TV show with a well written manuscript.
I must also praise you for your combination of cheesy jokes and intelligent, witty humour. I just loved it.

Directing:

Honestly, you just continue to amaze me. What an amazing zoom and spotting work! I felt this gave so much flow to the story, and not a single scene became boring. Every scene looked so natural, as you took your time the spot the characters perfectly. You zoomed in on certain views in the background and directed up-close shots of the characters when they were speaking. I cannot praise you enough for this. You also had a solid amount of interesting choices that had an impact and gave the reader an opportunity to create their own personality. Even though the MC used a lot of the sarcastic animation, I think it suited her well and gave her personality. The animations were great.

Plot:

My god, you started this story so amazingly. Andrea had this wonderful, inspirational preach:

IMG_0681%20(1)

And suddenly you zoom out to see her audience like:

IMG_0682

I loved the setting. Who would think about making an episode story about a teenager doing community service? I mean, the plot is super-original, and you manage to never make it boring. I truly wonder what really happened during the fire. Why can’t she remember anything? Why does everyone think that she’s guilty? I’m really looking forward to learning more about this, and I feel like this mystery creates suspense and a need to continue reading.
I truly like how the MC handles Blaine. I’m sure he will become more of a love interest after a while, but now while he’s acting like a jerk, I appreciate how the MC doesn’t accept his bull.
There are so many scenes that I love and made me laugh a lot. Everything from Phoebe’s little “All Earth’s creatures deserve our love”, and then screaming to kill a rat she saw two seconds later to Ruby’s passionate preach about a graffiti they had to wash away and the MC being like:

Summary

IMG_0698

This is a clear and realistic story. I am a bit worried though, that the story might not have enough twists and turns to always catch certain readers attention.

X factor:

You didn’t use any music or sound effects! I really wish you did, as they have a tendency to fully invest your emotions and feelings into the story. There was no art, except for your cover in the beginning. You had some custom-made backgrounds and overlays. Good work with the text effects, and as said throughout this review, your humour is everything in this story.

Overall thoughts:

As said earlier, the feeling I get when I read this story, is like watching a show with a well written manuscript. The directing is absolutely spot on, and the narration is flowing very natural. The overall feel to your story is so professional and well thought out.
Your characters are absolutely amazing, and for once, I love the MC. But most important of all, the relationship between the MC, Phoebe and Ruby is so beautiful, hilarious and realistic.
I think your plot is cool and original, and you have this ability to always keep the reader interested in what’s to come, even though there’s nothing big happening.
I wish though, that you would add a little bit more X-factor to your story, as it often gives such a huge difference. Maybe also add something special happening in the span of the three episodes. Like a plot twist, or another problem. This would be easier if your chapters were a bit longer. I’m sure it has yet to come, but I write this as I’m only reviewing your first three episodes. Your story is, however, already great either way.
You have the exact same humour as me, and for the last time, your style of writing is absolutely hilarious.
I truly recommend this story, and I will continue to read it!

Final score:
jk%C3%B8hjhk%C3%B8

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! Wow, thank you so much for this amazing review. I’m really grateful for your comments and sort of stunned!

Your feedback is so helpful and I really appreciate all the time and thought you put into the review. I’m going to rethink my next two episodes and try add a few more complications/twists into my plot. I’ve never sustained a plot before so I definitely need to consider my pacing and try to mix things up.

I’m so glad you enjoyed it and that you’ll continue to read the story. I hope I deliver up to your standards :wink:

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Title: What If You Were Famous?

Author: Camilo Writes

Genre: Romance

Cover: 62350b9ade8373ec6025a9f6ed1c728e2c6527c8_1_359x500

Description: Do you imagine how you life would be if you were famous? Would you have what it takes not to get hurt? CharacterCustomization, LoveInterestCustomization, LGBT&StraightOptions

What made you write your story?: A while ago, I learned about how some/most celebrities were treated by the music industry, it felt really sad and scary at the same time, because I admire a lot some artists and I hope they never have to go through that. The story tries to portray that., it puts YOU in a place of any other celebrity, showing that not everything is fun, positive, etc. And also tries to show the fun parts like releasing music, non-toxic relationships, real friends, etc. Which was everything I needed to know to feel inspired and write this story.

What are you confident about in your story? The directing and the many options you have to decide the outcome of the story.

What are you not so confident about in your story? Errors, I use a lot of labels and gains, I’m not confident on the fact that someone can get an error because of me and mess their story up.

Ammount of episodes: 4. (I want you to review 3 episodes!)

And final notes:

• English isn’t my first language, so the grammar is like 9.5 out of 10, As I’ve heard.

• Nothing else, I hope you like it.

2 Likes

You’re welcome! And thank you for appriciating my review! :blush:
You clearly have a big talent in writing, so I’m really looking forward to reading more as your episodes comes out.

As a fan, I’ll be cheering you on!

4 Likes

Title:
Left BreathLess

Author:
Lizzie C

Genre:
Drama
Cover: (Preferably both, but that is optional.)

Description:
Bria wants her fairytale man. What happens when that man is a in the mafia. Will Bria be happy?Will anxiety win?or the mafia takeover her soul?

I always loved reading and I wanted to give it a try .
I am confident that I will succeed on having a lot of readers on my story. I want to be a great author for readers.
Since it’s my first story ,I am afraid of not having a good story.
Ammount of episodes: And how many you want me to review.

2 Likes

Hi Luna!
So this is my 1st story:
Title: Dear Lilly
Author: Mónica Cristina
Genre:Romance
Episodes: 7 (ongoing)
Style: Ink
Description: After waking up in the hospital with no recollection of her life, Lilly tries to remember her old life with the help of her friends and family. Will her S.O.'s methods to jog her memory work? Or will they end up pushing her away?
Link: Dear Lilly
Story_Title_TAmo5A_posterThumb_TxZGXGLuXB

I tried to think about something I hadn’t yet read on episode. So this is what came to mind.

I try to showcase different cultures linked to my personal experience.
My directing is getting better, but I still feel like there is much room for improvement.

And final notes:

• I created most overlays
  • English is not my first language but I’m an english major.
  • this is my first story!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This story sounds interesting! :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Title: Crazy Normal People

Author: Ani & Abby

Cover: mybutt_posterThumb_p1an4Soejj mybutt_posterImage_oh2ncJR3lY

Description:
The casual life of a girl might turn out differently as new people enter her life.
What made you write your story?: I got inspired by other authors and my own sister told me to .

What are you confident about in your story? I dont know.

What are you not so confident about in your story? Directing .

Ammount of episodes: 4 episodes , review

And final notes: Is there anything I should now?
Examples:

I made all the art myself. Yes I did.
English is not my native language.
This is my second story .

1 Like

Hi Luna!
I love the way you format reviews! They’re super detailed and that’s great.
I was wondering, how many stories do you have left on your list?
And also, if I wanted a review, is there anyway you could pm me your answer? I’m shy :see_no_evil: haha
I just wanted to ask first before I signed up :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like