Mafia Stories are WRONG

Hi guys!!! I jist wanted to share my opinions and hear what you guys have got to say or if any mafia story writer wants to tell me their point of view!
I’ve seen that a really popular genre is mafia stories! Many people read them and many like them. Well, as in italian citizen, I highly disapprove of this kind of story. Do it about some gang bad boy instead (I still wouldn’t vibe but it would be better)!!! And this is not because I am annoyed at the prejudice on italians because that stuff doesn’t get to me AT ALL. It’s because I don’t know if you guys actually understand what the mafia is and what they actually do. They are not hot boys in motorcycles who boss around people and everbody fears them. They are no baddie. They are CRIMINALS
Not in a hot way, not in a cool way. In a wrong disgusting way. Try looking up what the mafia has done in the past and you’ll realize it’s comparable to groups of terrorists (but I dont see anybody romanticising terrorists???).

the mafia burns people alive, kills people’s children, makes people freaking explode

PLEASE LETS JUST STOP THIS DISGUSTING FETISH FOR MAFIA MEN

Just stick to basic boys

55 Likes

I agree, @JadeBeckson. In real life most mafia men are old (disgusting and ugly) men take for example Al Capone. Every time I read a mafia story, I realize it’s totally different than in reality.

10 Likes

Yesss!!! This :raised_hands:t4:

There’s absolutely NOTHING attractive about murderers

10 Likes

YES! And they are horrible people not just “bad boys”

5 Likes

THANK YOU! I understand episode stories are fictional and stuff but c’mon… no one does a romance story with a terrorist, a rapist, an actual murderer (I get the murderers like 007 style vibe), so I don’t get why romanticising the mafia which is a serious degree of criminality

7 Likes

I agree! As much as a love me a good mafia story, I completely understand. I feel like there are better ways to portray a bad boy! Even if it’s simply the fact that they used to be in the mafia.

I personally don’t have experience with the mafia, but i know what they do, i have read what they do, and i might know of people who know people in it i definitely agree with what you said.

I’m sure people can think of plenty of other ways to portray what they want! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

I absolutely hate that trope, I can’t even start thinking how anyone could romanticize an abuser and murderer

9 Likes

This! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

EXACTLY! like what???

2 Likes

@JadeBeckson , I agree with you, as when the children below the age of 17 read these kind of stories their mind is influenced. In my opinion the mafia stories which portray mafia as a bad place are actually good. I am also currently writing a mafia story and my story gives this message only.

4 Likes

No fr :sob: and when I see how they use the cute innocent girl trope in the wrong place wrong time and she catches the mafia in the act on killing someone and the mafia kidnaps the girl and somehow magically ends up marrying her I just laugh bc irl they dont care if youre ugly or attractive they wouldve killed her or kidnapped and rape her or worse they dont treat anyone differently.

9 Likes

Yes if you explicitly show how BAD it is and what it TRULY does it’s totally fine (like stories with murderers are fine cause it happens in real life). What is wrong is romanticizing it

5 Likes

EXACTLY! Plus they make them look like cool 007 type of murderers that only murder “bad people” or “who deserves it” or “who has been warned” :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:
GIRL NAH THEY DON’T GIVE A CRAP WHO TF THEY KILLLLLLING

7 Likes

I totally agree with you. It’s NOT ok to romanticize crimes!! Being handsome doesn’t justify murder! :clown_face:

3 Likes

I wanted to hop in on the conversation because I’m working on a mafia story at the moment. I completely understand that the trope is horrible and shouldn’t be romanticized. In my opinion, I’ve just always loved reading those stories, and when I started writing mine I made a list of things not to do. The LI and MC are in high school and his dad is the one in charge. It’s mainly a family business and the rest of his friends are in it as well bc their dads all work together, if that makes sense. The MC isn’t some weak girl who can’t take care of herself, and the LI isn’t anywhere near toxic. They both have their mental issues and when they first meet their just friends, and their relationship is supposed to be a slow burn. She doesn’t know about his mafia family but when she finds out she’s upset bc he’s in the mafia, and bc he lied to her for months. It’s a whole thing and I’m sorry if this barely made sense, but I hope you get what I’m trying to say.

5 Likes

Yes I think this is better compared to romanticising. I still would suggest to make them gang members compared to actual mafia cause if they are actual mafia, I’m pretty sure your MC wouldn’t like a man who burns people alive. If you chose mafia don’t make them the biggest mafia family every but just part of the circle, I suggest. The bigger they are the bigger the crimes!
pls in the finale make him quit the mafia lol

7 Likes

He will☺️
In the finale I plan on making him (and his family) get out of that lifestyle and he chooses to go to college with her and get a degree in teaching.

6 Likes

Okay that’s great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! This topic really inspired me :sweat_smile:
I’m writing a story that shows all the cringe and unreal and overused things in mafia stories. I think they are overdramatic so I wanted to create one that has humor in it. Anyway I didn’t say all of it to use this topic to promote my story :sweat_smile: I even want to create the plot where I tell this message very politely. Because I used to read them, and don’t want to judge anyone

9 Likes