Mafia Stories are WRONG

but, you NEED to tell young women this, 13 year olds are mature enough to be educated about this for their safety, we tell kids all the time dont talk to strangers and you dont see them scared to leave the house?

4 Likes

Let’s be for real. You’re not dumb, right? This ain’t a concept you can’t handle.

Fairy tales are innocent lies. Telling children that the person who kidnapped them might fall in love with them and give them the world is NOT innocent.

4 Likes

they r gonna find out anyway arent they omd im literally a living example :sob:

We’re saying that they don’t have to find out later! It’s better to be safe than sorry!

Just put a warning!!! Oh my god.

1 Like

LITERALLY EVRY STORY HAS A WARNING AT THE STORT OF EACH CHAPTEr

a mature themes warning is not the same as a warning that warns the reader the mafia isnt like this story

2 Likes

what cant u ppl understand its a EPISODE STORY that people ENJOY leave them tf ALONE acting as if that liking this is gna get them jailed

im honestly gone now u lot r jus talkin to urslef now byexoxoxooxoxoxo

Episode does that have a warning stating: “The following story is not an accurate depiction of the mafia. If you are targeted by an organized crime, contact the authorities. This story is purely fiction.”

3 Likes

If it doesn’t affect you, you don’t need to keep returning to a thread when doing so seems to only be upsetting you further. People have their opinions and you have yours; if they’re not harassing you directly, you can just ignore them. All you’re doing right now is boosting the thread so it takes longer for it to fade into obscurity.

I’ll admit I’m on the opposite side of this topic from you, but don’t feel like arguing about it. So instead, I’ll just remind you to please take care of yourself. This thread doesn’t seem like the healthiest place for you, but people have the same right to express their concerns that you have to express your support for mafia stories.

7 Likes

i’ll second this and call it a day

4 Likes

Moral of the story, put the warning where it belongs :blush:

4 Likes

I mean, I’m italian and I don’t mind. There is a lot of stuff that gets romanticized but people always complain about the same old thing, mafia.

Its fine for someone to not like something but not everyone is the same way. Some know how to separate reality with fiction.

For example you said to write about a gang of bad boys instead. But “bad boys” also do horrible stuff such as rape. Technically, men working with the mafia could be described as “bad boys”. Murders could be described as bad boys. Bad boys is just a standard/child way to call an horrible person that does shitty stuff.

So, why is one better than the other?

3 Likes

they’re not, everything needs to be called out equally, but this thread is specifically about the mafia, theres threads about bullies and bad boys on here too

1 Like

The topic stated to write about “bad boys” instead, as in saying that writing about bad boys is okay and mafia isn’t. It makes no sense in seeing the bad in mafia stories but not in bad boys stories.

3 Likes

its not that one if good and one is bad, but bad boys isnt going to romanticise these themes the same way mafia does, neither are good options really, but bad boys is a trope that will never ever go away so theres not rly anything to be done about that one lol

2 Likes

Romanticising murderers and stuff is just as wrong BUT it doesn’t generate wromg iniformation on a topic like the MAFIA.
Plus bad boys are not a specific category of people, a bad boy could be considered someone who simply skips school and drinks a lot LOL
AND if you romanticise someone like in 007, so murders but of bad people, it’s less “wrong”, like romanticising a cop for killing a serial killer, there’s nothing SO wrong about that.
Either way I don’t like the fetish generally speaking for big murderers bosses and the main issue in here is that these stories are not realistic and read by children who think they are

3 Likes

I think the reason why people fantasize a “mafia leader-to-be” is because it’s in some way, a forbidden love. Kinda like you having a crush on someone’s boyfriend of that kind of drama.

It’s okay if the protagonists do actually overcome obstacles to make the ending, the happy ending truly worth it. But no, the dramas that exist is simply about other gangs, loonies or even rival mobs wanting the MC dead to hurt the LI, and the solution is to kill them.

Tell me this plot worth 50 episodes. Oh wait, it does. Just iterate it 3 times with 3 different mobs and we’re good to go!

Even if mafia stories being unrealistic can be justified, a lot of the plots are simply too shallow. Rarely do I see a mafia/mob story that although is unrealistic at times, its plot is more than just that.

5 Likes

I’m really having a hard time to understand what’s all the argument about, some people likes Mafia stories some people don’t and the app is 13+ it’s best to put a warning before and mature themes warning is not an exact warning.Because every story contains this warning

1 Like

Exactly,I’m observing this thread for some days this never ending debate about this honestly I’m getting tired of it​:sweat_smile: write whatever you want but I feel it’s best to put a warning that this story is not an actual representation of Mafia.The adults understand the difference between reality and fantasy but teenagers don’t.One of my teenager cousin is bugging my other cousins who lives in Italy asking them if there’s a cute mafia man and saying Mafias are not that bad. I am sure a lots of teenagers are under this wrong impression.I read some of Mafia stories but I don’t go around searching for cute mafia men.That is why it is better to put a warning that this story is fictional and is not an actual representation of Mafia period :peace_symbol:

3 Likes