Mafia Stories are WRONG

Add a few more zeros.

3 Likes

I agree 100000%!
The only problem is that people won’t stop writing them because they are popular.
However, since episode is suppose to review trending stories they need to seriously focus on the toxicity they’re promoting. I believe that the best way to decrease the amount of romanticization of mafia and crime on the app is by reporting stories that do show this, emailing the episode team with concerns, and holding the review team to a high standard. Truthfully I think that’s going to be the best option (whether we like it or not).

5 Likes

And the problem is that taking the romantic route is the only way to stay within the guidelines. Otherwise, the story would be flagged and taken down due to its content being in violation of said guidelines.

1 Like

uh… i have to get this off my chest.

mafia princess is a gross story. seriously. in the first episode, they make a joke about how if the bodyguards make a move on the mc, her dad “will k-ll them, literally.” AND THEN THEY LAUGH. why the f-ck? that’s so gross and ew. NOT FUNNY AT ALL. people getting k-lled is a real thing. it’s so… baffling how people can make jokes about that.

i am not reading more of this. if this is what the story is going to be that’s awful and putrid and gross. even if it wasn’t, having people do stuff like that even once is enough for me to back out. this is my opinion, so don’t take it to heart if u like the story.

4 Likes

That’s mafia to you, sadly…
These people although value lives, they tend to make dark jokes like these. I’m pretty sure they receive it at a daily basis to the point where if no one pulls out any weapon, they’d brush it off as a joke. Not that it’s cool, death threats are never cool, it’s just how people in the mafia work.

That can either backfire or get straight up ignored, imo. From what I’ve seen, mafia stories reel in naive and young readers because it’s a popular cliche nonetheless. Episode wouldn’t wanna give up that opportunity, just saying :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve read Mafia Princess too, and they had our MC’s LI be one of the boss’s foot soldiers. I’m not well versed in the mafia mythology, but that sounds like a cardinal sin. He should have known not to start a romance with the big guy’s kid.

A “mafia princess” or even “mafia queen” is not empowering for girls or women. There is nothing “empowering” about being a criminal or dangerous person. I’m sick of the mafia stories that (likely) promote that idea.

4 Likes

Henry Hill later stated that despite his claim that he misses “the life” afterwards, he wouldn’t go back it it. Constantly worrying about someone killing him or being caught by the police

1 Like

What is Mafia???

1 Like

Definition from Oxford Languages: “an organized international body of criminals, operating originally in Sicily and now especially in Italy and the US and having a complex and ruthless behavioral code.”

2 Likes

It’s a criminal organization that uses violence to get what they want. In Italy they basically control many stores, restaurants etc, you have to pay them to open some stores in certain locations. They kill anybody who gets in their way

2 Likes

Lmao I can see through people’s lies on here. Most of y’all don’t care about kids on the app one bit. Y’all just don’t like mafia stories and that’s okay.

Personally, I have not focused this topic on kids misinterpreting mafia stories into thinking it’s a “good” sexy thing. That is, for sure, an issue. But I generally speaking think it’s wrong to write about serial killers and rapists in a romantic way (not only because kids read it)

Nah, I wasn’t talking about you. I was talking about the others in the thread. Sorry about that.