Mafia story help

Does anyone have tips for mafia stories? i kind of have the concept down but not fully! also if possible could people show me your character card or your background characters? making background characters is so tiring

1 Like

You can read a few threads to get to know what people are tired off.

Honestly I might just make it a regular Romance😭

1 Like

Yeah… I know it may seem like a lot, but people like to criticize others.
I honestly don’t care if the story isn’t like a real life at all because I write and read on Episode to escape the real world.
My main points always are - catching cover, good directing, interesting storyline or even common, BUT with amazing unusual elements and good grammar. (But that’s hard to find these days. :sweat_smile:)

The main things I personally hate are:
Innocent MC or MC an assassin(The best in her field),
LI a bad boy leader, turns of his emotions, thinks that MC is his at the first meeting, too overprotective
The size difference between MC and LI.
Same fascial features - defined nose, lidded eyes, big lips, etc.
AND the nationalities are either Italian, American or Spanish.

1 Like

That makes sense!! Do you have any tips for regular romance stories?

1 Like

I’m not really good at romance writing or reading as fantasy is my destiny and I prefer drama :joy:, but these few could be helpful:

• There are 2 types - slow burn and fast burn and 3 types of readers - likes slow, likes fast, hates romance.
    You have to decide which one you’re going for:
    slow burn - first kiss after 20+ episodes
    fast burn - kiss before 10th episode

• Choose your trope - enemies to lovers(my fav), besties to lovers, friends to lovers, etc.

• Don’t use cheesy pickup lines or something that is in every romance story

• Making MC and LI meeting meaningful and not random running into each other on the street

• Make MC and LI go through some things where you can see their struggles and how they overcome them.

• Make a great and unique backstories

• I personally love art scene use in stories but they are not necessary.

• Make every moment full of emotions

• DON’T USE NARRATORS TO TELL ALL BACKSTORIES OR “My name is …, I’m … years old and I live in…” People like to explore the characters not read everything on a white plate.

You could also check out this thread.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!🩷🩷🩷🩷

1 Like

Of course! :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:
Hope everything turns out great! Just don’t give up and keep going!

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since you’re looking for story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.