Make a story with Spotlight?

Hi!
I’m very new at writing here, and I was making the first episode. Took a lot of hours, of course. There’re a lot of choices of customization (like a non-binary MC, so, the body shape and all ), 5 LIs (male, female, NB), and more.
The thing is, I made all in Spotlight (I wanted to focus it in the plot. Has a lot of text, lol). But I saw that the format has very bad feedback on the forums. So, I’m thinking of changing it.
Do you people think I should change it? Honest opinion, I really want people to enjoy it!!
(You don’t necessarily need to leave a comment, just answer the poll. Thanks!)

• Change it to cinematic!
  • Don’t change it!

0 voters

Thanks again for your help!!

1 Like

I don’t mind either style! But I think cinematic is more popular. If you’re enjoying writing it in spotlight then keep going, :smiley:

2 Likes

I think you should write your story as you planned it, I’m not a fan of cinematic but I can assure you that if your story is good people will like it anyway :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

story can be interesting and catchy regardless of a style! for example, by the book by amberose is one of my favourites

2 Likes

I said to change it because while I don’t really mind which one an author uses a lot of people don’t really like spotlight. I think one of the reasons may be that in a way Episode stories are usually kind of unique from other writing platforms because they feel kind of like a tv series. When you use Spotlight instead of Cinematic it becomes more like other apps and that might throw some people off. At the end of the day it’s your story and you can do whatever you want with it.

3 Likes

I said to change it, even though I even have a story in spotlight, because a lot of people aren’t really fans of spotlight. You’re a new author and it’s hard enough to get reads as it is and while, obviously, I don’t think you should write for reads, I think it’ll be easier to attract readers if your story is in cinematic.

3 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since you’re asking for opinions on your story. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Oh, sorry! Next time I’ll definitely read the Forum tutorial. Thank you!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.