Make characters run

Ok guys, I searched EVERYWHERE for a solution but not a single one of those written all over here worked for me. I reaallly hope someone can help me!
I’m struggling to make my character run from one point to another point of the scene.
I tried everything and it just makes her “look” like she’s running but her legs won’t move and she seems to “slide”, I don’t know how to really make her legs move while running.

It’s like:

@CHARACTER walks to spot xxx AND CHARACTER does it while run_athletic (or whatever kind of running you want to use).

You can try to use the “does it while” command
eg :
@CHARACTER walks to spot XYZ AND CHARACTER does it while “action”

I’m trying it right now. Thank you

Again, it starts by working like half a second and then she does the rest of the “running” thing “sliding” without her legs moving again, it looks so weird!

Are you using the run_cry animation? For some reason that one is just super short like that, no way to fix it.

No I’m using the run_casual, do you think I should “repeat” the action so it won’t stop like this?

Can you post that part of your script? Maybe something else is stopping the animation :thinking:

it’s the last command of it
I wrote :
@ELIANA walks to spot 1.280 47 14 in zone 3 AND ELIANA does it while run_casual

And she does but the “running” effect freezes

The coding looks right. What do you have written after the running command?

Are you checking it in the app or previewer? The portal previewer is known to glitch from time to time. If you’ve tried in the app and also restarted story progress and it’s still doing that then I would suggest submitting a ticket.

I think it’s like you said, if I repeat the action she keeps on running, it seems it’s too short for her to go directly from the right side of the screen to the left one
I tried with both app and portal previewer, it looks exactly the same

Maybe try a different run animation? Like run_athletic

It works with some other animations! Thank you, the one I was using is too short so I have to divide the running thing and it’s tooooo long. Thanks!

I know this problem is solved but make sure you’re TIMING them.
Example
@CHARACTER walks to spot x y z in T (seconds) and CHARACTER does it while run_embarassed loop

Glad this got resolved! Closing :v:t2: