Make CODING EASIER

You have to practice, nothing comes easy.

8 Likes

Definitely SUPPORT

1 Like

Sometimes life is like that though. There is no need to make coding easier, you can just simply… learn? Sure it can take ages. And sure it can get boring which makes you lose interest in writing but the people that have started writing before tutorials came out, learnt to code by themselves and took time to code their stories without a lot of help. So since they learnt by themselves we should to. Just because we can’t be bothered doesn’t mean “Episode” should make it easier for a few people.

Sure they could make more videos to help newer authors. But there’s no need to make it easier.

12 Likes

I think that this suggestion is kind of vague and hard to get on board with. “Make coding easier” isn’t really a thing that episode can just do.

6 Likes

What im trying to say is , what about the people who cant code? People who have learning disabilities, autism, etc… Writing the script comes easy to most but coding is a lot harder to do for people who want to write but cant! Is that really fair to them? Are they supposed to find another app when episode has unique stories and makes reading fun? People who can code, good for them! But what about people like me who has learning disabilities? What would take otheres 1-2 years to learn to code might take people like me 3-4 years! I get that it takes time but i mean there are people with these disabilities and its honestly harder for them! I cant figure out how to shrink people lol. I want to give up but i wont because i have people who would like to read my story! Does everyone really think this isnt a issue and people with disabilities should just live with attempting to code then get hate mail for not doing the story > perfect?

2 Likes

There’s already a thread u can support for that :)) Right here

4 Likes

Can you help get more write parter to learn disability program to. Get more write parter help with the story code .:heart:

1 Like

I know, but the more threads,veiws, and comments it will get noticed

1 Like

Yes but this thread will get closed and get merged into it…because it’s a duplicate

3 Likes

That would help! Maybe like a digital helper or way to have a writing partner that lives far away from you and not have to give your information to a total stranger!

1 Like

I didnt know that! Just thought it would help

2 Likes

I have nothing against suggestion.
But the fact is that if someone wants to write a story for Episode, must write in codes and learn them. If that’s not possible, one can choose another app for writing which doesn’t include coding.

Because here we want more codes and more complex codes, to achieve even more as we can today.

5 Likes

No worries just wanted to warn you in case it would get closed but nice suggestion :star_struck:

1 Like

But!
Episode already helps people, who can’t learn coding!
For that purpose SPOTLIGHT is created!
All you need to write in that style is character’s name and its speech.

2 Likes

Yea all learned disability need program help get code there are program learned disability program but Google then up help you good story need some more support. Today I show you the problem. Can help you out .

1 Like

Is that fair though? Should we have to find another app? Episode makes reading fun and i hate reading! I love writing stories but not reading! With episode i love reading! Is that really fair??

2 Likes

As I said, try Spotlight :heart:

Episode is a platform of codes. :woman_shrugging:t4: There’s nothing to think fair or not fair.

1 Like

Whats the fun in that? Who will want to read that? How many people created stories with spotlight?

Quite many :wink:

1 Like

First for all, I think you need to realize coding is something that actually can’t really be made easier, from my experiences in coding programs, Episode already did it as simple as it can be.
Second, with more complex coding we can create better directing, which majority of us likes to see and do. It takes time to learn it, but it’s worth it.
Third, the way you brought up people with disabilities after some people here disagreed with you made it only seem like you are using them to support your argument, since you didn’t mention them in the original post. I agree that they need more help with this and it’s harder for them, but in reality no one with such disability would start working in programming, because believe it or not, episode coding is actually similar to actual programming and coding, especially to Python. There are other apps and websites where they can write, plus spotlight as was mentioned here.
Just my two cents

5 Likes