Making a car move the same time as a character?

Hi, So I need help making this car and these characters move at the same time on screen. But I am having difficulty? Can someone please help me? TIA
Script:
EXT. VENICEHOUSEWITHOUTCAR - DAY with EXT. LUXURY CAR AQUA PROFILE - NIGHT to 0.638 13 118 in zone 3
@cut to zone 2
@JASMINE spot 0.339 13 345 in zone 3 AND CHASE spot 0.357 15 344 in zone 3
@zoom reset
@overlay EXT. LUXURY CAR AQUA PROFILE - NIGHT shifts to 290 118 in zone 1 in 2 AND overlay EXT. LUXURY CAR AQUA PROFILE - NIGHT scales to 0.638 0.638 AND THOMAS stands screen right in zone 2 AND CHASE spot 0.357 203 344 in zone 2 AND JASMINE spot 0.339 218 345 in zone 2 AND JASMINE is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND CHASE is idle_sit_neutral_loop AND CHASE faces left AND CHASE moves to layer 4 AND JASMINE moves to layer 3

After putting the character in their first desired spot as well as the overlay to whatever shifting spot (coordinates it will shift from) and the scaling I’d code it in this format:

&overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to x y in zone # in s
@CHAR walks to spot s x y in zone # in s AND CHAR does it while animation

You’d need to adjust the timings though because quite often the overlay will move a bit faster than the character and vice versa. :blush:

If you the end destination is still on-screen though and visible to the readers, I’d add a

AND CHAR starts animation AND CHAR faces left/right

to prevent that awkward idle that characters do between animations and after walking to a spot.

1 Like

Thank you so much it worked!! Your a life saver lol!! I appreciate your help!!

1 Like

You’re most welcome! :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.