Making my own digital art

I wanted to teach myself drawing digital art but most commission artists use a drawing tablet - is this really essential? Can it be done without one?

7 Likes

Yes. I personally don’t draw bc I’m legit horrible. It cost a lot of money to buy something like that if you aren’t even guaranteed that ppl will even buy the artwork. There are apps that you can use that work the same or less than a drawing tablet. Or you can outline or maybe hire artists to do the part of artwork that you aren’t the greatest at.

:heart::orange_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::yellow_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

awesome thanks, yeah drawing tablets are super pricy and I wanna save my money because it is costly buying art commissions for my stories so I thought about teaching myself :smiley:

1 Like

Yes what els was you gonna use. the mouse? I seen it done but it is really hard. and honestly you can get a cheap drawing tablet for like 20 dollers.

1 Like

I would find artists you can chat with or watch tutorial videos

1 Like

this one is sale

2 Likes

That one seems pretty nice

1 Like

nah I didn’t mean a mouse I meant my finger or a stylus pen or something, but okay cool

1 Like

thanks for the link :grinning:

1 Like

Moved to Art Resources since this is about art. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Honestly, I use my cracked iphone to do digital art lol. I also use ibis paint x which is free. Ya gotta start somewhere, y’know? When starting out, it’s not really about the quality of the equipment but learning the basics first and then upgrading.

3 Likes

yes, it does help. i use an iPad with an apple pencil now, and it really has helped me a lot. but it’s not essential, and using your phone works just as well.

1 Like

You could use a phone or iPad to draw on. I use my finger which I prefer and works fine but you could use a stylus or apple pen, too. Some good apps are Ibis Paint X, Sketchbook (both free) and Procreate (only a few dollars as a one time payment). I use Procreate currently and I really like it.
It definitely isn’t essential to have a drawing tablet. I have one but I actually use my phone more because I’m used to the programs and it’s good to use on the go. Especially if you’re just starting you don’t need to spend a lot of money yet until you become more serious about it. (Even then you don’t have to spend a lot of money). It’s good to learn the basics cheap and as you improve, you can upgrade.

1 Like

Thanks for the help everyone :heart:

4 Likes

No i draw my every art at android

1 Like

I use an iPad Pro and an apple pen which are pricy but I decided to buy it because I got really into art. before I used an iPad I used my phone which works great as well, I think it all depends on your style and the system you like best, but like @episode.vogue mentioned you have to start somewhere. Wish you luck!

1 Like

Editing can be done without a tablet :stuck_out_tongue: I, personally, do not have the money for one and use my phone. I have an iPhone and use procreate which I find to be extremely helpful. But, if you do not have an iPhone you can use another great app on your phone called ibis paint x!

3 Likes

Oh hey! You must be my twin!
Cracked iphone? Same
Ibis Paint X ? Same

2 Likes

:joy::joy: hey twin!

1 Like

I just draw on my phone. I’d honestly probably never buy a tablet just for making art, unless I’d be REALLY good at drawing and I’d make money out of it. I’m really in favor of going as cheap as possible, so my phone is good enough to make some kinda art.

2 Likes