Male MC or Female MC?

I’m just curious as to seeing that there is a lack of male MCs represented in Episode stories. Is it because most readers prefer to play as a female, authors don’t think they can portray a male character or what?

Nevertheless, what MCs do you prefer?

Which MCs do you like to see?
  • Female MCs
  • Male MCs
  • I’m fine with both!

0 voters

And feel free to let me know what you think about them in the comments :))!

8 Likes

I honestly prefer a female MC. I don’t know why exactly, maybe because I’m female myself :woman_shrugging:
But, I can enjoy both (I’m even making a story where (one of) the MC('s) is male.)

One thing I 100% agree with is that should be more stories with a male MC or maybe an other gender, like non binary!

4 Likes

i personally think that we need for Male MC’s, I might attempt it in the future !

but i think a reason why i (& other writers) don’t intentionally think abt doing Male MC’s is because i don’t really know how to portray them ? Like i’m a girl, and I know what I think when I’m alone, and I know problems that girls have and how girls would feel in certain situations, but since i’m not a boy, i don’t know how they would be in these situations. & i don’t want to make assumptions abt things that boys do or the way that they act, i don’t want my Male MC to seem stereotypical ig :woman_shrugging:t4:

butttttt i think that i might be able to pull it off, since i know that there are guys authors, that do Female MC’s, and are usually spot on with her ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

oooo id love to see a non-binary MC : D! A trans MC would be sick too! and i agree, female MCs are fine but there’s other genders too and id like to see more of them imo

2 Likes

I love stories with Male MCs tbh than female. So, Male MC it is.

2 Likes

that’s what I thought. majority of authors are female so they feel more connected with a female MC perhaps. however, they aren’t that different. I have a male best friend and he does act immature and yes his body grows differently, but at the end of the day, we’re just two humans

I assume we’re thing about Lucky/Lucas XD? he does a good job, yes, so females could do the same too :))

1 Like

same tbh XD; i think it’s cool to see someone else be an MC besides a female (not that theres anything wrong with a female MC)

3 Likes

yessss ! omg tysm :))

1 Like

i was questioning the same thing lately. i used to write from a male perspective when i was younger (even though i am a female) and wanted to know whether a male mc story would also be appreciated in the community.

2 Likes

For me, female, but I don’t mind a male mc

1 Like

oh that’s cool! when i was younger, i definitely didn’t seem to like the idea of writing the opposite gender because i didn’t know how to lol. now i appreciate the diff. POVs you can get and I’m writing two stories with Male MCs :)). lemme know if you decide to publish your male MC stories! may I ask why you felt more intrigued to write from a male’s POV?

currently i am still writing my ldr entry, but i hope to dive deeper into my male mc idea (combining some old male mc stories of mine into one good male mc story) when i have really entered the contest.

i loved to showcase that men aren’t that different from women. i loved portraying men who were different than the stereotypical “males” in a lot of stories whether it was in books, films or shows. i also used to be one of the girls who had more guy friends than girl friends and guy humour was just 110% funnier to me than girl humour. aside from that, i always used to have more inspiration for writing in a male perspective than the female perspective.

1 Like

You can check out my Gender Selection Template which allows readers to choose if they want to present as a man or woman — and it is much simpler to code, as it doesn’t require you to copy and paste the script for the man/woman branches.
Here’s the link: https://linktr.ee/lilyplots

1 Like

Dang, that’s SAD! Barely anyone cares about the Male MC!

1 Like

At least a good amount is fine with both MCs :))

yeah i usually look at the glass half full lol

I really do prefer a female MC, and it is probably because I am a female myself. Also, a majority of the people on episode are female and a majority of stories target female readers as well. But, do what you want to do! A male story would definitely be appreciated though!

1 Like

Thanks for your input! I did think whether a large amount of readers are female, thus prefering a female MC but then what about the male readers (tho it can be small lol), but i sure hope people would enjoy a male MC story :))

1 Like

I prefer both tbh. I have a male MC, which I relate to a lot. For me, it depends whether the MC is relatable. For example it he’s a ‘Badboy mafia leader’ then that kinda ruins it. I like realistic relationships and such for stories.

1 Like

same tbh; i love my male MC XD

And I also agree, however, I think it would be interesting to see a male MC in the mafia (tho it may be poorly represented) but i do enjoy realistic stories

1 Like

thank uu sm !!

1 Like