Male MC stories

Hey, thank you for mentioning two of my stories! I love so many of the ones you mentioned too.

I, personally, am not a huge fan when people mention Fragile Bonds as an example of a story with a male MC since Sasha has no agency in the story and makes no choices that can alter it. It is Layla that is the main character, the ultimate homunculus of teenage bad decision making. She’s the main focus, so despite all of the other characters being older than her, the story is still framed from her perspective - a teenage one. So, basically I get where you’re coming from with feeling too old for it, bahaha (and yes, there is no love between between the rapist and victim).

1 Like

Those stories are so great, I don’t blame you for liking them as well!

Oh man, so that’s what that’s been confusing and bothering me so much about Fragile Bonds: it is chock-full of teenagers making stupid and horrible decisions, and that’s why I felt so disconnected with the characters. Because I’m an old person. Oh my god. :joy:

I remember I literally stared at my phone in mortification when I got to the part wherethe actress (I totally forgot her name, I’m so sorry!) outed the guy while knowing it could mean his death in his country of origin. Like, the dude is a rapist and a predator, so I didn’t feel too bad for him (sorry dude, not even us being compatriots (I’m Turkish lol) is gonna stop me from wishing someone stabbed you in the crotch).

1 Like

Yes. So many people ask why Layla acts, essentially, like a teenager and I’m like… Just trying to be accurate here! As someone older than you I get how you feel.

And Zayn should die(hopefully soon!already wrote the scene…). I loved that cliff hanger when I wrote it… gosh, a year and a half ago. My baby is almost two years old now. When did you stop reading out of curiosity? When did the teenager worries get to be too much? :joy:

2 Likes

lol Never let it be questioned that you are a great writer, because teenagers are dumbass hellbound demons (I shudder thinking back to my high school years) and you pretty much portray it perfectly.

I think I felt like lying down and never standing up again around… chapter 14. I’m sorry! :joy: I literally couldn’t take any more of them without muttering ‘I’m gonna unhinge my jaw and swallow y’all whole!’ every five seconds. ‘Damn you, brats!’ I yell while waving my cane at them.

But now that you mentioned Zayn is gonna die… I’m gonna continue reading it because I absolutely do not wanna miss that. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Zayn is going to die?
Fist pump
Yes!

3 Likes

I love them if done properly always read a story with male MC. Female MC I like too but I find them so dramatic like they have bipolar oh no this guy isn’t interested in me let’s dress like a ho to impress them.

3 Likes

I adore writing male MC characters! XD
In my opinion, men are the best people to hang out with and write about.
The body language, attitudes, everything about male MC’s are something special and unique. It’s like we don’t give men characters enough credit or round personalities. That sucks!

I am writing a novel about my male love-interest from a book series I’ve made and I just adore writing his story more than the original one. Guys are so emotional and could break down until the point of destruction, even though they put on a hard rock facade. It sucks though cause many females think that guys don’t have feelings. That part about them makes them absolutely gorgeous and even so fun to write about.

5 Likes

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: