Manna's Help Thread: For coding, directing and more

coding
mustread
general
community

How do you change a background while my character is still on screen. I wanted my character to enter a living rooom and the background is a closed door I wanted to change it into the background with an open door how do i make my charcater stay on screan?

Halloooo!!! Quick question. For 1 of my stories… I am using a Background Loop. Is it possible to make the loop not so fast? Like, can i make it turn it down a notch??

Hi! Maybe have some transitions there? Like, zoom in on the doorknob… have a transition, then change the background to what you want?

@transition fade out black in 2
or
@transition fade in black in 2

then zoom out. :slight_smile:

Are you using your own background or episode one?

Example:
INT. LIVING ROOM - CLOSED
#scene
&CHARACTER stand screen center etc.

INT. LIVING ROOM - OPEN
&CHARACTER stand screen center etc.

Keep the character in the same position and use & and just switch the background, I tested myself :slight_smile: it works perfectly!

Hi!

An Episode one… Umm, EXT. LOOPING JUNGLE PAN - DAY

I was just wondering if I could keep it from looping too fast but if not, that’s fine. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, you can’t :frowning:

Awhhh bummer, good to know! Thanks for the info ^^

2 Likes

I need help with the mirror reflection code because it’s not turning out right for me. Here’s what I have:
INT. FANCY BLUE BATHROOM- DAY with MIRROR to 0.676 39 330 at layer 2

@cut to zone 2

@RAIN2 spot 0.958 158 204 in zone 2 at layer 3 AND RAIN2 faces left AND RAIN2 starts rear

@RAIN3 spot 0.958 184 200 in zone 2 at layer 1 AND RAIN3 faces left AND RAIN3 starts idle_sad

What is the issue you are facing? Can you send me an image of the preview so I know what you wish to achieve?

Well my duplicate character is showing her whole body instead of just her face in the mirror.

You might just need to move and spot direct her till you find what works for you.

I’ve tried doing that, and it still showed her whole body. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I am trying. I have been trying to figure out how to do the mirror reflection for the longest, and I’m still getting confused about it.

Hi, I have a few doubts…

1. How can I have special art scenes in my story?
  2. How do I create golden choices?
  3. How do I make my character stand with her back shown to the camera (i.e. I want her to face backside)
  4. I created my own overlay, and I used the code
    @overlay CAR SIDE SHINY SILVER create
    @overlay CAR SIDE SHINY SILVER shifts to -751 -12
    @overlay CAR SIDE SHINY SILVER scales to 1.396 1.396
    @overlay CAR SIDE SHINY SILVER opacity 1 in 0
    but the overlay isn’t coming on screen; what should I do?
  5. I have a scene where two of my characters are in a car on the road with a looping background, when suddenly the car stops, so I change the background from EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY with CAR SIDE PINK to EXT. CITY HIGHWAY - DAY with CAR SIDE PINK, but the before the background changes, the screen goes black and then the background changes - however, it doesn’t look nice. So, how do I change the background without the black screen coming for a sec?
  1. How can I have special art scenes in my story?
    You have to find someone who can make them for you, check Resources section on the forum and upload them as a background.
  2. How do I create golden choices?
    choice
    < PREMIUM>“Choice One”{
    }
    Note: There’s a space inside the < > make sure you’ll delete it.
  3. How do I make my character stand with her back shown to the camera (i.e. I want her to face backside)
    @CHARACTER faces left AND CHARACTER is idle_rear or rear (LL)

Character facing rear left:

Command:
@CHARACTER faces right AND CHARACTER is idle_rear

Character facing rear right:

Command:
@CHARACTER faces left AND CHARACTER is idle_rear

1. I created my own overlay, and I used the code
    @overlay CAR SIDE SHINY SILVER create
    @overlay CAR SIDE SHINY SILVER shifts to -751 -12
    @overlay CAR SIDE SHINY SILVER scales to 1.396 1.396
    @overlay CAR SIDE SHINY SILVER opacity 1 in 0
    but the overlay isn’t coming on screen; what should I do?

Most likely your scene is in a different zone make sure you’ll add a zone to shift command
@overlay CAR SIDE SHINY SILVER shifts to -751 -12 in zone 2

1. I would add an overlay to the background instead of creating it on the scene to prevent that.

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY - DAY with CAR SIDE PINK to % X Y in zone #

@Apes TYSM :kissing_heart:

1 Like

What’s going wrong? The overlay isn’t appearing

change the @ to & on the all the overlay commands on the silver car overlay (which I’m guessing is the problematic overlay)

No, nothing happened by changing @ to & @RudeInception
Before, I could see the overlay, but now somehow it’s stopped appearing