Manna's Help Thread: For coding, directing and more

I can use a different background if it’s easier, as long as it’s a house.

You’ll need an overlay, overlay will be at layer 2 and character will be at layer 1. Let me see if I can create the overlay.

2 Likes

Okay thank you.

1 Like

For some reason, overlay turns into JPEG. :woman_facepalming:

Here’s the link to it, it’s in my drive and it’s called OVERLAY, you won’t have to spot it if Episode lets you upload it. Once you upload it we can start on spotting the character.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1chKL1x8NQqwU1M8pZ2-UyH8pQHzJ9h4M

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Can you PM me too?

Hey, can anyone help me write a screen shake? I just need an example because I know not all zooms work on each zone. I saw a post where somebody got the question answered but I’m having trouble filling in the x’s and y’s.

Here’s the template:
@zoom on x y to % in 0.1
@zoom on x2 y2 to % in 0.1
@zoom on x3 y3 to % in 0.1

Can somebody fill the template in for a zone 1 screen shake? If you could it’d be much appreciated!
<3

1 Like

Your x and y values will depend on your scene. I can help you how to find it. Under the directing help option on the top right you will find a zoom option. And click on it and you will be able to copy paste it from the previewer. Now to create the shake, it depends on how you want to shake it. Do you want it vertical or horizontal or just random? If ypu want it to be horizontal change the x value in your next code. If you want a vertical shake you need to change it in the next code. For a random shake you need to just change both values, x and y and remember the difference shouldn’t be greater than 100. Adjust it to however you like.

Giving you specific values is impossible for me because I don’t know the zone or the zoom percentage of your scene. And only you can get the accurate values for your scene since you are the one directing it.

Hi, I need some help!
So I thought I’d let the reader choose the gender of their character and their love interest in a series of 1 episode long short stories. My issue is that I’ve come to episode 3 where I have to get it to remember their choice and I was convinced I’d coded it correctly but when I went to test it on my phone it took me to the branch of the female char with female partner even though I was testing the female/male story first. I’ve never done this in a story before so I got advice from a thread and was so sure it would work. Here is what I’ve done, I used the names of the choices in episode one and checked for differences so that isn’t the issue. Any help would be much appreciated as I’ve been looking at the same patch of code for 3 days and it’s driving me a little insane!Char%20help

1 Like

So basically to remember choices in further episodes you need to use gains. The method you have used is correct but unfortunately it only works when using it in the same episode in which the choice was given.

I see, I had a feeling I would but the thread made it sound like I didn’t. How would I go about doing that?

1 Like

Thanks for explaining it to me! :heart:

1 Like

You need to go back to that choice and add in a gain and then use the if/elif/else. Like if (GAIN_NAME).

No problem.

1 Like

Thank you x

1 Like

Can you give an example with the numbers? I’ve been trying to random them for the past thirty minutes and all I get are error messages. :frowning:

here’s the example:

1 Like

Bumping this!:grinning:

I can’t get the camera to stay on the characters when the camera shakes

Can I see your codes? Also send me codes of the camera placement where you characters are visible.