Manna's New Help Thread

So you will need a plain blue overlay the color of the wall and animate that.

How do i code that

Firstly add the wall overlay like the others.

Then add this code right below:

&overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 0 in 0

When you want her to make her disappear turn “opacity 0” to “opacity 1” and add the time. To make another character appear replace this one with the other one when the overlay is in full opacity and then turn the opacity 0 in the time you want.

1 Like

by wall do u mean mirror?

and ill try this out thanx

1 Like

btw how do i make a duplicate overlay? or do i have to upload the same one?

1 Like

By wall I mean use the blue color of the wall to make an overlay so it looks like the wall behind is reflecting.

You can duplicate an overlay.

@overlay OVERLAYNAME create from OVERLAYNAME1

so where the girl is

1 Like

I am sorry I didn’t understand what you are trying to ask me.

so when u talk about the blue wall do u mean the mirror/wheere the girl is

1 Like

So the overlay will be placed between the reflection of the girl and the mirror so she will disappear when you have the opacity of that wall overlay to 1.

1 Like

Hey! Thank you for creating this thread. I was wondering if you can help me on how to show my character in a certain outfit and how to use animations. ~ Taylor <3

1 Like

Sure. Happy to help.

To have a character put on a certain outfit, you need to first create it in the “Outfits” section, you can find this on the main page of your story. The code to get then to change into the outfit is:

@CHAR changes into OutfitName

There are two ways to animate a character.
First:

@CHAR is think

This is specifically used when you have no dialogue for the character and just want to show then doing an action.

Secondly:

CHAR (talk_angry)

Dialogue here

This is specifically used when you want show the character say something or have a thought to themself.

Bump!

1 Like

Bump!

Hey, Manna, it’s me (again). How would you get the camera to pan from zone 1 of a background to zone 3 of a background whilst the NARR is speaking? At the moment, my code looks like:

EXT. JAPANTEMPLE - DAY
@transition fade in black 3
@pan to zone 3
NARRATOR
Japan.
NARRATOR
The land of mountains and temples.
NARRATOR
Culture and religion that go back centuries.
@transition fade out black 3

So it’s just panning really quickly from zone 1 to 3 and then the NARR starts talking, which is kind of strange, I also don’t want, as I’ve done in previous stories, for my code to look like this:

EXT. JAPANTEMPLE - DAY
@transition fade in black 3
NARRATOR
Japan.
@pan to zone 2
NARRATOR
The land of mountains and temples.
@pan to zone 3
Culture and religion that go back centuries.
@transition fade out black 3

-because this makes it look a little jerky and not very smooth.

1 Like

So to do that you need to use ‘&’ instead of ‘@’ .
Like this:

&pan to zone 3 in 5
NARR
Dialogue here

Ah, okay, thanks.

1 Like

hello! so i was wondering how to place characters, and by that i mean if i want a character to be taller/shorter than the other? it would mean so much to me if you helped. thanks!!

1 Like

Hello! @gtfo.danii
To place a character with different heights you need to spot direct them.
On the top right of your preview screen you will see a list of buttons. One of them will say Directing Help. That will then give you a list of some more buttons on the bottom left and one of them will be Spot Directing.
Click on it and then you can scale and move the character. Scaling will help reduce the character in size.

The code you will get is:

@CHAR spot s x y in zone #

s = scale value x & y = the coordinates on the screen

1 Like

thank you so much!!!

1 Like