Math problems- any help?

This is the only place I know that can help me- could anyone explain it to me?

I don’t get any of it!

2 Likes

Hm… what grade is this? I’m in grade 8 so I might not be able to do it. Maybe it put the answer on the graph? For example if the answer is -1 you put a point on -1, -1? I hope I helped in some way…

Maybe… I’m actually not sure what grade it is… could be anywhere from 8th to 10th.

1 Like

Look at the coordinate points. Write down specific points like (4, -1) and (1, 2), x and y intercepts. The equation has to be negative because the y value increases when the x moves to the left.

2 Likes

It’s f. Since the x intercept is 3, you need to find the equation that would make the y value 0 when 3 is inputted into the function. -3 + 3 = 0. Another thing is -(-1) + 3 would make it 4 because a negative negative is a positive number.

2 Likes

Since you have the graph, replace x and y with the coordinates you have - I suggest you use the points where x=0 and x=3 - then see which equation is right

1 Like

Thank you so much, you’re a lifesaver!

1 Like

Thank youuuuu! :smile:

1 Like

Y=mx+b

Let’s take has an example “d”.
It’s slope is 1 (m=slope) and the y intercept is -3 (b=intercept) now first you have to plug B in the graph. Y-int is the vertical line so put I point on -3. If the slope is one it means is 1/1 so go up 1 and right 1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.