Maybe writing isn't for me:(

Lately, I will write and just think it is absolutely awful. Always think I’m moving to fast and everything is just so unrealistic😭

10 Likes

it’s okay… if it’s not for you it’s not for you but maybe it’s just writers block

3 Likes

Do you have any tips to get better?

1 Like

Sometimes we’re also our own worst critics.
Maybe you need a break? Or try a different style of writing maybe? I found trying out those tap-style writing stories really helped me break through a slump.

4 Likes

Thank you for the tip! I have had many breaks lately, so maybe I do need to try different style.<3

I’d say to just keep writing (if you want to). If one story idea you’re working on doesn’t quite work out, try another one. I went through many stories and ideas before my main story clicked.

2 Likes

Don’t Think Of Writing As A Job, Just Make It Fun. Take Me For Instance, I Used To Hate My Literature Class In Middle School But In 9th Grade My Friend Wanted Me To Write In The Gossip Column For The School Newspaper. I Agreed Only Because She Said People Might Not Want To Buy The Paper Without It. So I Started Writing In My Own Way. It Was Fun To Hide In the Bathroom Waiting For Something To Happen And To Do Reasearch Every Night And Write Papers On Topics From The School Getting Sick Due To Undercooked Lunch Meat To The Marvel Movie, “Endgame” Coming Out. I Made It Fun Because I Wrote Things The Way I Wanted. Just Be Confident In Your Own Abilities!!
:coffee: :relieved:

7 Likes

I feel like this sometimes too. Maybe you should try writing another story? It’s frustrating to feel like this because sometimes I think I want to write and then I open the writers portal and just get a bad feeling. I took a break. But if you think taking a break isn’t the solution then try other things like, (what I said before) writing a different story that you’re excited to write, or what I did was I just deleted all of my coding (for a chapter). I had about 1000 lines but I felt like it was awful and I even thought about deleting my story, so I deleted all of the coding and started again, and I felt much better after that. But I feel like we’re sometimes our biggest haters, because my friend has told me she sometimes thinks about deleting her story, and I absolutely love it. So yeah like Elise said, we’re our own worst critics. I hope everything turns out alright love :heart: You can also talk to your friends about this, it helps me.

6 Likes

Thank you guys sm!<3 this is already helping

1 Like

We are our worst enemy. A big help is to compare your current work to your old one. Remember; you are NOT comparing your work to others, but rather yourself. Comparing your work to other people will get you no where in trying to get better. You’re most likely experiencing writers block right now. Try drinking some water, turning on some relaxing music, and pull up any writing prompts for inspiration. If you need a big dose of it, Netflix offers a variety of great shows that are well written.

3 Likes

I can’t handle writing anything that’s not perfect, and nothing’s perfect. I have ideas that I can be proud of one moment then I write it off as dilapidated, just completely and utterly in awe of my lack of talent. I feel what you are saying, your story is probably a hell of a lot better than mine, trust me. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Right?! Im always so proud of my ideas and then I start writing it and thinks its bad. And I sincerely doubt that, I bet yours is amazing<3

2 Likes

Trust me, it’s probably not bad at all. I tell people not to doubt themselves then I doubt myself, I know it’s hypocritical, but I’m just repeating the same junk everyone tells me. I love my idea, I just get so nervous when I’m about to start the scripting after the characters, like, what if this isn’t enough?!? :frowning:
Then I hate the idea, I think this is the most relatable thread I’ve seen on the forums. Other writes can write something romantic with millions of viewers which singles my story out even more. I mean, maybe one or two reads is just fine. My fear is that nobody will understand my writing in general. What if it’s too structured. You want to talk about this more in the PMs?

1 Like

Everybody loves a romance story, no shade towards those or ill intentions, but it’s hard to write anything else on episode if you want anyone to view your work. Plus, I crave success, I think everyone craves a little bit of attention, but my ultimate goal is success. Which is pretty hard to do if it doesn’t fit the “mafia” criteria.

2 Likes

Yes ofc we ca talk on PMs!

1 Like

Yesss I feel

1 Like

Ty!

1 Like

I totally agree… Some genres are just not given a fair chance.
Go with what you want to write with though. My story for example is pretty “different” and has a good amount of reads (much more than I thought it would).
Write what you’re passionate about!

3 Likes

Thank you! Like, Romance and Fantasy are given the most attention, most of the fantasy is just romance in the disguise of a werewolf, one story I really liked in the category though. I don’t remember the name but it was about a woman who lured men like a siren just to feed off of them. I loved it as I could choose not to have a romantic interest. I’m not a romantic person, but I’ll read it after a break up. :joy: So, about once a year. :rofl:

3 Likes

All you gotta do is find your own writing style babe.
For example, I love to write really, and I mean really detailed and at the end of the day many will not like it but most probably will! Asong as you enjoy what you’re doing then it’s all good.
Wish u all the best :kissing_heart:

1 Like