MC name ideas for my Fairy Tales entry?

Heyy y’all!!
I’m just now getting started on my Fairy Tales entry, hoping i’ll finally make the deadline, unlike my stories for the past 2 contests lmao.

My story’s gonna be an adaptation (is that how you write it? xD) of the original story of Snow White (nope, not the disney one!) but I don’t want to name the MC Snow White.

Do you have any ideas how i could name her? There’s gonna be a name choice regardlessly but i’d still like a fitting name. it should either have to do something with Snow White’s signature looks (pale skin, red lips, dark hair…i think you know the drill) or with the original story itself but it shouldn’t be too eccentric or like too unusual.

it can be a basic name but it should still fit Snow White (does that make sense haha)

I couldn’t think of any myself so i’d be endlessly grateful if y’all had some ideas.

Sorryy this post is so long and you read it through until here. :))

Thank y’all for being amazing
Aaliyah <33

3 Likes

You can name her Aurora, calliope, Arista etc I’m just spit balling

1 Like

Thank you so much for your quick response!! I’ve actually considered Aurora as well since I really love that name but i’m just a little afraid people might mix it up with like disney’s aurora from sleeping beauty.
you just made me change my mind and i’ll reconsider aurora i think, but i really love Calliope and Arista as well!!
thank you<333

1 Like

Glad I could help :grinning:

1 Like

Snow.
Serenity
Serena
Scythia
Lyra

1 Like

Those are so pretty!!
Thank you so much, choosing a name when you have multiple options is probably gonna be harder than choosing one without any ideas haha
thank you so much <33

1 Like

ikr. np :grinning: :grin:

1 Like

Sydney white :two_hearts::joy:

(https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0815244/)
One of my all time favorite movie based snow white fairytale but modernized

1 Like

thank you so much!!

1 Like

You could translate snow and white into another language or search baby name meaning sites for given names that have that meaning. There’s a character in RWBY named Weiss Schnee (“white snow”)

1 Like

thank you for that idea!!

yeah, weiss and schnee are german words (my native language)

i as a german probably would have called the character “weisser schnee“ if i wanted to translate the name into german still meaning “white snow“.
The ‘er‘ at the end because in german the adjectives need to be adjusted to the noun.
But that’s just my know-it-all manner talking haha

Still, thank you!

1 Like

Mines about Cinderella’s third secret stepsister, and I’m calling her Skylarella (Skylar for short), to fit in with the sisters names.

1 Like

ohh that already sounds interesting!! are you in the entry name list tread? i don’t wanna forget about your story until the contest deadline!! :)))

thank you for your comment!!<3

1 Like

No, I’m not, do you have the link?

here you go <3

1 Like

Ooh let me think…
Shirayuki, Snow, Pearl, Winnie, Whitney, Snowie, Scarlett, Aria, Wynn, Ivory

1 Like

Bianca means white in Italian and I think it’s a very pretty name :white_heart: and you could possibly translate snow into a couple different languages

@turtlelover1025 @Phoenix_Hope
thank you both for your ideas!!<33

1 Like