Meanst VS nicest fanmail

as authors we get fanmail, mean and nice. and I thought why not make a forum where we share both the meanest and nicest one we have gotten

only one rule, please show both meanest and nicest, not just one of them.

you are welcome to add a message with the fanmail, and what you feel about it

meanest

It was easy to pick this one, this message really hurt me. because I am vert sentetive with my grammar, its not even bad anymore, and I have a prof reader. so I am actully doing a lot to have good grammar in my story

nicest

My nicest was a bit hard to pick because i have gotten a lot of really nice once, but I picked this one. because a lot of the other really nice once, is follow up by, can I have full CC for love interest,

16 Likes

Oh thatā€™s rude I mean most of us donā€™t know English very cuz itā€™s not our native language and I really hate when she said that ā€œEnglish is not that hardā€ these types of ppl donā€™t understand that we try our best to write all things in English very well.

14 Likes

True also the fact I am trained in Brithis English, I get a lot flag for americans telling me I am spelling stuff wrong, because of it , english is hard

9 Likes

I havenā€™t gotten any fan mails cause I didnā€™t publish my story ā€¦
And your meanest fan mail is really ride for her to say that

10 Likes

This one isnā€™t really mean, just annoying:

Made me really upset, because this person kept on bothering me over and over again, and it just made me mad. Also, I meanā€¦ the MC was made to be a very pale woman, and the LI is Hispanic. Soā€¦ Idk why they were complaining about me, the author, changing the hairstyles once an episode. I also said in the first episode that I will be changing the hair style and eye color accordingly, and not to complain about that.

Then this one:
Screenshot_20210727-105314_Chrome
Made me happy, because it was one of my first positive fan mails from someone who isnā€™t a family member.

Also, @line123462, Iā€™m so sorry that that person was so rude to you. I read your story, and the grammar is actually better than most Americans.

10 Likes

these are mine. this is the only ā€œmeanā€ fan mail iā€™ve gotten lol, itā€™s not even that mean if iā€™m being honest, tho

Mean??

Nice

8 Likes

that suck, the mails in themself arent bad, not nice but also not like the worst I seen, its the fact there are multiple. there make them bad.

6 Likes

yeaā€¦thats doing a lot and there was definitely a nicer way to make that type of comment.

8 Likes

Fun. Iā€™ve unfortunately reported all my meanest ones and didnā€™t keep a screenshot. And well, I have no need to revisit those :unamused:

7 Likes

I donā€™t have SS of them but the ā€œmeanestā€ I guess would be the girl who said that I was excluding people of color.
Though, tbh, it was more confusing than mean because my MC/LI were both of Latinx cultures, the best friend was Korean/American, the boss and ā€˜work bestieā€™ were African Americanā€¦ and there were like 12 white people (mostly bg characters) in the entire storyā€¦ So, confusing, right?

The nicest was having a few people tell me how happy it made them to see their culture portrayed and how the story was great.
^^^Made me feel really good knowing that I had given a respectful display of Latinx culture and family dynamics (lots of research lol) and that theyā€™d liked my very first story enough to leave fanmail. :smiley:

4 Likes

I found one. Itā€™s not even the worst one :rofl:

mean

I deleted some of it. And it was removed from the portal.

nice

4 Likes

wow, what a homophone, what happen to dont judge.

our local church support gay rights and fly the pride flag at pride evry year.

5 Likes

Ikr???

So after that, I wrote an LGBTQ story with a Christian MCšŸ¤£

Btw, jet boede I kbh I halvandet arā€¦and I donā€™t remember how to say anything else :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

took me a sec to realise that was Danish, that was pretty well written, but its jeg not jet, though I asume you hit the wrong letter.

4 Likes

Lol, itā€™s the autocorrect trying to mess everything up!

4 Likes

I donā€™t have any screenshots and this isnā€™t necessarily mean just annoying: but two ppl asked if there was customization and if u clicked play on the first chapter itā€™s at the very beginning smh
ā€”-like donā€™t ask dumb questions, ya know?

6 Likes

I fight with that a lot too, either I write Danish and it want english, or I write english and it want Danish

4 Likes

Iā€™ll admit. I hate customising right at the beginning. I like to know what the MCā€™s personality is before I customise.

5 Likes

fair

2 Likes

So keep in mind I told in the exact same chapter that I will take some time over the next chapterā€¦

Meanest

Kindest

I also got a meh

(I didnā€™t post in about a month)

3 Likes