Meet-cute ideas?

I’m writing a story where the MC and LI both love cooking, and are applying to a school with a culinary program. The thing is, I’m not sure how I want them to meet. Right now, I have a few possible ideas, but I’d like some suggestions.

Here’s the poll about the specific meet-cute in my story:

• The MC develops a crush on the LI after watching him on cooking videos, then meets him in person on the first day of school.
  • The MC and the LI meet at a wedding that the MC’s parents are catering. They bond at the buffet table, talking about food.
  • The MC uploads a cooking video, and the LI replies to it with a nice comment. When they meet at school, the LI mentions to the MC that he knows her from the video.
  • Something else (comment below)

0 voters

As well as some questions about meet-cutes in general?

• Do you have any favorite types of meet-cutes?
  • Are there any meet-cutes you absolutely hate?
6 Likes

I think the wedding catering idea would be cute af :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

2 Likes

I think the wedding idea is cute so it gives both the MC and LI time to fall in love at the same time. Unless you prefer someone to crush on the other first, in that case the cooking video one is cute!

3 Likes

Love the catering idea!!
Maybe there can be some type of misunderstanding between them?

i.e.: LI could think it was MC’s wedding (person who gets married is having a nontraditional wedding and the bridesmaids wear white instead? Or, MC has a twin and they get mixed up? Or, it could be that MC was the one to choose LI’s family company and MC keeps referring to how long it took them to plan…? Idk. It would add some hesitation between the LI because they assumed MC is taken…)

The possibilities are endless.

2 Likes

I think the catering idea, is also great! Here’s my suggestion:

-What if the MC and LI are both already in the culinary program and when they’re both preparing some kind of dish involving flour and eggs, the MC tears up the bag wide open while struggling to open it. The thing is the LI was walking over to get some ingredients at the table to where coincidentally ,the MC’s station is, and that’s when the bag of flour explodes all over the LI. Then they’d both laugh it off. (Or however you choose to play off their personalities). After that maybe the MC is starts noticing the LI more that just an acquaintance? :joy:

2 Likes

I like the wedding idea but then to make it more interesting they get into the same culinary school and are always competing with each other on who makes better food they are #1 and #2. It’s like the acquaintances to enemies to lovers trope.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!
I went with the meeting at a wedding idea. The LI was supposed to perform a song, but his sister and his rival interrupt and start singing. The LI was so upset that he decided to get a snack from the table where the MC was catering. He loved the food, and thought the MC made it, when in reality, it was her grandma who cooked. But she didn’t clear that up, so now he thinks she’s an excellent cook.

How about MC wanting to make cupcakes for this school event where a somewhat famous pastry chef from her town is attending and she hopes to get him some cupcakes so she can hopefully get some advice on it so she can get into the school easier
The LI is also going to be there but he overheard his parents saying how they don’t think he has what it takes and how he wants to go to this school to goof around, so after having a bad day he goes to this event to steam off
The MC also had a bad day because idk … a thing popped up that she had to resolve, her first batch burned, her aunt came over to visit and she had to serve her cupcakes because there was nothing in the house, she didn’t have the ingredients to make a new batch so she had to go shopping with her mom (which would take a long time), she finally makes a good batch unbothered and then she makes a chocolate drink for herself with the remaining chocolate to celebrate, but lo and behold it’s time to go and she has to take the drink with her otherwise she would be mayorly late.

Outside the school gym the MC is running towards the door just as the LI is too, they see each other before the MC acidentally trips and her hand lets go of her drink and falls down. The drink hits LI and some of the cupcakes are ruined. Instead of getting pissed, they both figured this day was bad enough as it is, so they just sad down and vented by eating the cupcakes and when LI asked MC for the recipe they started bonding

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.