Melanated Episode Writers Discussion

melanated kingdom

This post is designed to celebrate, share thoughts , inspiration and other topics from the perspective of POC.

How did you discover Episode and what made you decide to write a story on this platform?
What inspires you to write your stories?
Do you have any fellow writers that you collaborate with?
Who are your favorite Melanated Writers?

Below is a list of some of my favorite authors and there stories!!! Please let me know if you have a favorite Melanated author who needs to be added to the following list:

• Ella D ( Hot Daddy President )
  • PrettyEri ( Magicka: Awakening Lust )
  • KLs ( Deep Wounds )
  • Alysia Gray ( Asunder )
  • Zen Brady ( Attracted to the Nerd )
  • Mechele The Gawd ( Guilty Desires )
  • Ella Badu ( Instant Princess )
  • MissME ( Island Girl )
  • Briana M. ( Wrong From Right )
  • Empress Vanessa ( Living In The Moment )
  • T.S.Taylor ( Love from another Realm )
  • Kheyr ( Black Heliconia )
  • Dalisha ( Silent Assassin )
  • CPMG ( Paradise )
  • TamiRose ( Deadly Secrets: Fangs of Love )
  • Episode Writer Jade ( Vamps and Humans )
  • Chelsea N. ( Sweet Beast )
  • Writer_TNK ( Danger Of Darkness )
  • Lovessuperstarr ( The Owens )
  • M. Black ( Mr. or Mrs. Right )
  • ARK ( Extra Cream )
  • ROMY ( The Crew )
  • Cher ( Back to You )
  • Sweet Stories ( In Too Deep )
  • Sarah Dove ( Bubblegum )
  • Pippi ( Not Your Ex )
  • Episode.saka ( Lustful Desires )
  • Melaniny ( Love Lost )
  • Faith Rose ( Breaking Boundaries )
  • J. Melrose ( College Crushing )
  • UniKalie ( Coming of age )
  • Days ( (un)Eligible Bachelor )
  • Zette ( Blood on the Runway )
  • ChaoticDreamz ( Stand By Me )
  • Evie Love ( Broken )
  • Maree Spoon ( Beauty School Secrets )
  • Avii ( Playing His Game Currently Revamping )
  • BabiGuts ( Devils Princess )
  • Michelle Rose ( Imperfectly Perfect )
  • F. Mona ( Lost In Time )
  • KayKayUptSoldierette ( Can’t Raise a Man )
  • Lakeva Johnson ( My World vs. Life Classic )
  • Jazz ( Situationships )
  • L.G. ( Fallen )
  • Toriah ( even sweeter )
  • Kayla Sloans/ Kayla S ( War Dogs Ink )
  • :heart::star:StarzzyRossie :rose::heart: ( OMA )
  • The Miraculous Janae ( Fashion Project )
Author Tags 🏷

@F.Mona @episode.michellerose @maree_s @TamiRose @KiimChi @Days @Briana_M @Faith.episode.cats @jmelroses

15 Likes

Yes!! :clap:t5::clap:t5:
My favourite is probably Ella J.

2 Likes

Awesome!!! I have never read her stuff!!! But I am going to bookmark her for sure!!!
Some Melanated writers that I have read and really enjoy are the following:

• Ella D ( Hot Daddy President )
  • PrettyEri ( Magicka: Awakening Lust )
  • KLs ( Deep Wounds )
  • Alysia Gray ( Asunder )
  • Mechele The Gawd ( Guilty Desires )
  • Ella Badu ( Instant Princess )
  • MissME ( Island Girl )
  • Empress Vanessa ( Living In The Moment )
  • T.S.Taylor ( Love from another Realm )
  • Dalisha ( Silent Assassin )
  • CPMG ( Paradise )
  • Chelsea N. ( Sweet Beast )
  • Writer_TNK ( Danger Of Darkness )
  • Lovessuperstarr ( The Owens )
  • M. Black ( Mr. or Mrs. Right )
  • ARK ( Extra Cream )
  • ROMY ( The Crew )
  • Sweet Stories ( In Too Deep )
  • Sarah Dove ( Bubblegum )
  • Pippi ( Not Your Ex )

I have to go through the rest of all the stories I have read to list all of them, but these are definitely some of the gems that I have found and love. Some of these writers I would love to pick their brain and even collaborate with! That would be really fun!!! :+1:t4:

5 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is Episode-related. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Okay :ok_hand:t5:,
I wasn’t completely sure it qualified for Episode Fan Community. Thank you for moving it and notifying me about it. :heart:

1 Like

bump

Hey sorry, I meant Ella D. The author of the presidents daughter. I don’t know why I put J, I apologise. :sweat_smile::heart:

2 Likes

Well I discovered Episode at age 15. What got me to write a story was the lack of gay couples. It was always about a girl pair with a guy. Don’t get wrong the stories were great. I just didn’t like playing as female character. I don’t work with anyone here, because people in this forum are strangers, and sometimes they ask too much info about your age and where you live. I don’t mind saying the country. But giving my address that’s crazy. I want to make friends here, but is so hard. They ask you wants your name and you respond, but when you ask for their name in return they change the subject. I don’t know if I’ll ever make an actual friend here.
Updated, someone flagged me, give me a reason why you did that?

4 Likes

Giiiiirrrrrllll,

It’s all good. We were talking about the same person and I didn’t even know it!!! :woman_facepalming:t4:
But we figured it out though!!! :+1:t4:

1 Like

Wow!!!
I mean… really wow!!! I’m talking about people being actual freaks on here!!! Why would you ask someone their address and stuff? That is completely creepy, and you should report anyone that is asking you stuff like that. It is inappropriate and unsafe. :woman_shrugging:t5: I am sorry you have experienced that. Have you written many stories? Is there anyone here on Episode that you like reading? Or have you pretty much been your own favorite writer?

3 Likes

I think I looked up romance on the apple app a long time ago. I used to love these romantic Asian apps.

Yoville got me started and this other fashion app where the user collect clothes.

Any hoot, I like romance and cutesy games. Having those types of games become interactive was an added bonus.

I started writing to creatively share my well-rounded knowledge in cosmetics. I work full time as a teacher and see a need to have some type of gamification to teach younger generations what I know in a fun, simple way. I think COVID has really exposed the disconnection gap between Boomers and Zoomers in an educational setting.

1 Like

I really appreciate your comments here. Thank you so very much for sharing. I used to read romantic Asian apps all of the time !!! I was also on Covet (a fashion app where you buy and model looks etc. )

I couldn’t agree with you more about that point. I have been educating my nieces and nephews as much as possible about a plethora of different topics that the “cancel culture” just doesn’t quite have a grasp on. And I am able to hold their attention via zoom.
In terms of this site… I plan to sprinkle some history and melanated inspiration within my stories. It is taking me a while to construct and direct the animation , but I am enjoying and appreciating the challenge of learning how to perfect what I am learning to create. :heart:

2 Likes

Man that fashion app had me wasting real money on fake clothes :joy:

There was also this cute bakery game that was similar. The more you baked, you could expand and decorate

1 Like

Ma’am… that game had me $0.99-ing myself 2-3 times every single week… I had to break myself of the addiction. Because I was absolutely addicted. When I started finally making Top Look… maaaaaaaannnnnn…, I was logging in daily… I had to delete that app off of 4 different devices. 4 :clap:t5: different :clap:t5: devices :clap:t5:

I truly hope you are not talking about Flo’s adventures in Diner Dash 1 -75… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I’m weak!!!

1 Like

"The President’s Daughter" Honaaaayyyyy… I can NOT wait for the next season or whatever she has planned for us. Because I want that heffer charged for attempted murder for trying to kill Kendal, and then trying to act like she didn’t push her off the cliff. :unamused:

1 Like

LOL. NOT 4 devices. I used to change my clock to get certain items :crazy_face:

Never heard of the flo thing. These were fb apps when I used to have an account lol.

Baking life and mall world were fire. I am pretty sure my fb friends got tired of advertisements on my account to get bonus items.

2 Likes

@Sydney_H and @Nick

I am not too sure why this thread was flagged as inappropriate. This is a very positive and fun thread.

2 Likes

Thank you very much :blob_hearts: Hopefully someone will be able to provide concrete answers, because I don’t see what justify’s flagging this thread !!! :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

I am just curious what is inappropriate about discussions celebrating black art.

3 Likes

Inquiring minds would like to know!!! :thinking:

2 Likes