Mentioning real movie titles

Is mentioning real movie titles in a story possible? I know it’s not for things such as Brands and/or real people but as for movies, it’s not very clear in the guildlines. Does anybody know if it’s autorised or not? I’d really like to know (:

I think when it comes to tiles it’s kinda a grey-zone? Most of the times they’re too short to be copyrighted. But you can always play it safe and change it a litte, like many authors do:

• “Furious and Fast” (Fast and Furious)
  • “Manbat” (Batman)
  • “Beautiful Woman” (Pretty Woman)
  • “Karate Grizzly” (Kung-Fu Panda)

And so on, you get the drill :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hahaha! I was thinking about changing the titles a little bit actually, hehe. Thank you for your response, it really helps <3

1 Like

Similar to what @Martini_98 is saying, when I write out the names of movie and TV titles or franchises, I use “bland names.” Basically, a small alteration to the name that still allows other people to understand what you’re getting at. Some examples of my own:

• Far Wars (Star Wars)
  • My Precious Unicorn (My Little Pony)
  • Triassic Jungle (Jurassic Park)

And, of course, we can’t forget how Episode official assets and stories replace a lot of words with “Epi.” Such as EBI (Episode Bureau of Investigation) instead of FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation), and “EU” (presumably standing for “Episode University”) on clothing assets in the portal.

Since the guidelines aren’t so clear on movie titles and such, I would go with some bland names. In my opinion, it doesn’t take away from the story and can even provide humor if the bland name is funny or creative. I hope this helped!

2 Likes

Moved to Creator’s Corner since this isn’t about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

I’ve come up with a bunch of fictional airlines for my upcoming story since it’s set on an airliner for the most part. As per the guidelines, I can’t refer to real airlines, so I use ones I’ve come up with, though I’m doing it primarily for artistic reasons. It’s fun to come up with such names.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.