🇲🇽 Mexican Thread to help you out!

Welcome everyone!
There is a lot of people who want more diversity in their stories, due to the fact that some people sometimes make mistakes about our culture or language. So I got the from Need help with Italian (:it:) characters? Come here!

Sorry if I cause too much trouble

Welcome to Lindo Mexico Shop

Here you will inquire about our history, our language, the translation of phrases that you want to include in your novels, how to construct authentic Mexican characters and anything else you may like to learn about us

Something to avoid
  • Don’t put random Spanish words in sentences. That’s not how we use them.
About us and our culture
  • The culture of an individual Mexican is influenced by their familial ties, gender, religion, location, and social class, among other factors. In many ways, contemporary life in the cities of Mexico has become similar to that in neighboring United States and Europe, with provincial people conserving traditions more than city dwellers.
  • Mexicans celebrate their Independence from Spain on September 16, and other holidays with festivals known as “Fiestas”. Many Mexican cities, towns, and villages hold a yearly festival to commemorate their local patron saints. During these festivities, the people pray and burn candles to honor their saints in churches decorated with flowers and colorful utensils. They also hold large parades, fireworks, dance competitions, beauty pageant contest, party and buy refreshments in the marketplaces and public squares. In the smaller towns and villages, soccer, and boxing are also celebrated during the festivities.
  • Mexican cuisine is known for its blending of Indigenous and European cultures. Traditionally, the main Mexican ingredients consisted of maize, beans, both red and white meats, potatoes, tomatoes, seafood, chili peppers, squash, nuts, avocados and various herbs native to Mexico.
  • Mexican society enjoys a vast array of music genres, showing the diversity of Mexican culture. Traditional music includes Mariachi, Banda, Norteño, Ranchera and Corridos. Traditional Mexican music enjoys some popularity outside Mexico, and is particularly popular in Chile. Mexicans also listen to contemporary music such as pop and Mexican rock. Mexico has the largest media industry in Latin America, producing Mexican artists who are famous in the Americas and parts of Europe.
  • The traditional national sport of Mexico is Charreria, which consists of a series of equestrian events. The national horse of Mexico, used in Charreria, is the Azteca. Bullfighting, a tradition brought from Spain, is also popular. Mexico has the largest venue for bullfighting in the world - the Plaza México in Mexico City which seats 48,000 people. Football is the most popular team sport in Mexico. Most states have their own representative football teams. Among the country’s significant teams include Chivas de Guadalajara, Club América, Cruz Azul, and Pumas de la UNAM.

RULES
There is just one rule Be polite I dont like rude people

Similar threads that might interest you:

If you have any other questions just PM me and I will be happy to help!

6 Likes

Hey, I’m happy to see that more threads like this are being created! I have a question concerning Mexicans in Episode stories. What are stereotypes that you often see and we should avoid? (Appearance, Oufits, Personality). And I think that most Mexicans in stories are in a g*ng. How do you feel about that?

And thank you for including my thread.

I love this girl I have Puerto Rican in me and this is awesome thank you girl I support this all the way Not gonna lie :approved_stamp: :chef: :blob_turtle:

You know, I love diversity and I think that Episode needs more, so I’m glad you thought of this. But honestly, copying and pasting what others and I wrote is not okay. And I don’t care that it’s just a thread. It’s not okay.
Getting inspired is one thing, but simply copying and pasting modifying only what you need is wrong.

And I mean, giving credit can’t hurt you, right?

6 Likes

ಠ_ಠ scazzata proprio, così mi piasci, voto diesci

4 Likes

I’ve really been thinking about this because I have a Mexican character and I randomly use spanish words. Most specifically something like hermosa, or chica or a word that he calls a girl, or other person. I’m thinking I may remove the really random ones. Are there a couple that might make sense to use?

mierda, no, esto no está bien y, como ella dijo, copia o usa las palabras de alguien que es plagio y de ninguna manera está bien o bien porque debes usar tus propias palabras, no las palabras de otra persona, debe venir del corazón, no de otros que conoces lo que quiero decir y simplemente agrega los créditos que tomaste de los demás y no vuelvas a ser fiel a ti mismo y no estoy del lado de nadie, pero me levantaré y hablaré cuando escuche algo como esto porque simplemente está claro irrespetuoso y crul :unamused: :grimacing: i am actually every pissed at this and i don’t take sides but i will say @mt.episode this isn’t at all right and the end result is that you need to honest and trueful i don’t know the whole story and i don’t want to know but what see here is enough for me to know that you need to stop this and be how you are and not whatever this is your doing here becuase taking ones ideas and plagiarizing isn’t what people want people want the truth an I don’t want to start shit I don’t but you need to check your self and not do this and I don’t know how you are girl I don’t, I don’t know and I won’t judge you nor anyone we all make mistakes and I hope this is a lesson learned.

4 Likes

I’m really happy this thread exists :relaxed:

I’m really sorry I didn’t mean to cause any harm I’ll try to contact @Sydney_H to close this thread. I didn’t think about my actions what I did was really sh*tty. :fearful: :flushed: :sob:

U don’t need to close this thread. Me and my italian friends from the Rainbow Mafia shop are happy that we inspired u and other people to open threads like this, but the fact that u copied our entire description and u didn’t even mention something about us is not right.
Just change the description and the title of this thread and be more honest. Thanks.

5 Likes

Okay once again sorry! :sob:

1 Like

can i use this thread for advice for a spanish character i’m writing?

1 Like

Awesome!
Thank you for making this!