Might be a dumb question, but can you publish a story anonymously?

Let’s say you want to publish this story, but you don’t want it to connect to you for various reasons. You don’t want to be known as this story’s author, you just want it to be there. Are you able to do so or is that not an option?

In the way you’re describing it, no.
However, your story is technically already anonymous because your online account doesn’t need to be your real name or any recognizable online username. You can put your account name as simply “Author.”

2 Likes

You can absolutely be anonymous. You can have your account name as whatever you’d like it to be as long as it’s at least two characters long, you could even leave your author name on your story details/description page blank so it only displays your avatar instead of a name, you can turn fanmails off if you’d like to, you can leave the social handles blank as well if you want or have them link to a social account that is obviously anonymous and doesn’t identify any person in particular.

If you “don’t want it to connect” to you, I would also suggest creating an email account that is specifically for your stories as well and that way it is not connected to your personal email address.

4 Likes

What if this person is talking about an actual paperback book?

1 Like

They would need to advise and request that they remain anonymous when they approach their chosen editing/publishing companies but they would still likely need to expose their identity to some people for it to happen, particularly if they would like to receive payments and royalties for their work.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I think that could work. Thanks for your answer then, I’ll put some thought into that. :blush:

1 Like

Haha okay fair, I kinda tend to forget nobody knows who I am in real life and that makes me self-conscious. Thanks for the answer :blush:

2 Likes

No worries!

1 Like