Mirror Overlay Help Needed Please!

So, I made my own bathroom scene, but I am struggling to get my character behind the overlay (made overlay same as background) I made overlay transparent, but the wall goes transparent so character behind can still be seen :see_no_evil:
Anyway, this is the scene I need that mirror character is behind the mirror and body not seen, just the reflection in mirror

I would make the bathroom 1 panel, and then make it an overlay. If you tint the mirror you can see people behind it (without their bodies) if you make the mirror transparent and put their heads behind it! Depending on the character layer, you can put the person behind or in front of the mirror! Do you want me to make the mirror see through?

For overlays, you need the mirror cut out of the bathroom so it’s empty. It should be a PNG file. Then you can also use just the mirror alone as a 2nd overlay (also would be a PNG file).

1. So you have your bathroom background
    2 ) You have the duplicate character on the background, at the lowest layer
    3 ) You have just the mirror overlay at the next layer, changing the opacity of it
    4 ) You have your bathroom overlay with the mirror cut out at a higher layer than the mirror and duplicate character
    5 ) You have your original character at the highest layer, facing rear

This might help you get an idea: 🤍 CODES: Bathroom Mirror Reflection Scene 💜

Rear animations: HOW TO: Rear Animations

I’ve linked more resources on the Mirror Reflection Codes Thread.

If your character is customizable, in regards to making the duplicate look alike, you can use this trick:

And you can have their Display Names (the name shown to the reader) be the same. UNDERSTANDING: Script + Display Names

Just wanted to add this :blob_sun:

I’ll take all the help I can get haha
This is my script (I get layering, just not working as obv forgot to cut mirror out)

INT. BATHROOM MIRROR 2 with BATHROOM_MIRROR_2 in zone 1 at layer 2
&cut to zone 1
&zoom on 300 517 to 197% in 0
&MC PIPPA spot 1.280 265 63 in zone 1 at layer 4 AND MC PIPPA faces right AND MC PIPPA is idle_loop_rear AND MC MUM spot 1.280 215 50 in zone 1 at layer -1 AND MC MUM faces right AND MC MUM is idle_loop
@overlay BATHROOM_MIRROR_2 shifts to 0 0 AND overlay BATHROOM_MIRROR_2 scales to 1.000 1.000 AND overlay BATHROOM_MIRROR_2 opacity 0.4
@MC MUM becomes MC PIPPA

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.