Mirror Reflection while Fading In the Reflection

Just the mirror glass overlay. It need to start out at full opacity so you can’t see the character. Then lower the overlays opacity which will make it seem like your character is fading in.

@overlay OVERLAY opacity 0 in T

1 Like

You might need to make a different mirror overlay because the one you’re using now is already see through. You need a mirror overlay that isn’t see through.

1 Like

So, I get two mirror overlays? Or, how many? Enough to cover up the character?

Wait, pause. I think I figured it out. I’ll show you what I did.

Okay, so I got the character hidden, now, how can I do the fading in and out?

So, I decided to add many mirror overlays, so that I can cover up the reflection, and I am like confused, where to put the, “@overlay OVERLAY opacity 0 in T”, because I did and the reflection is not fading, it just appears.

oop- I just realized what I am doing, the mirror overlays are already at opacity 1, no wonder it’s not fading-

I can’t believe that I just realized that.

So, I have no idea on how I am going to do the fading, I need your help @Dara.Amarie, if you don’t mind.

I’m not sure why you have so many of the same overlays.
All you need is three overlays:

1. The background turned into an overlay where the mirror is cut out
  2. The mirror overlay that has the glass effect
  3. You need to use a photo editing app to cut out just the mirror part from the background and upload that as an overlay.

The character in the mirror needs to be at layer 1, the background overlay needs to be at layer 2. The glass effect mirror overlay at layer 3. The mirror that you cut out from the background at layer 4. Then change the opacity of the mirror overlay that you cut out from the background to 0

1 Like

Oh my god, it worked! Thank you soooooooooooo much! :weary: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: You are the best, Dara! Thank you again! :DD

1 Like

@Sydney_H You can close this, it got solved!

@Dara.Amarie You the best! Thank you, again! :))

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.